• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Penrith vs Bankstown Campus (1 Viewer)

isjongood

HSC
i know enough about freedom to understand tolerance for intolerance
What a wishy washy relativistic, limp-wristed thing to say. In any society there are things that should be tolerated and things that should not be - Racism, rape, murder, pedophilia etc. are some of the things that should never be tolerated.

philphie

Banned
HSC
What a wishy washy relativistic, limp-wristed thing to say. In any society there are things that should be tolerated and things that should not be - Racism, rape, murder, pedophilia etc. are some of the things that should never be tolerated.
some day you will have to face the reality that most of those things will never change.

the things you listed are digusting aspects of life and yes they should not be tolerated, but i have been defeated, these things will not change any time soon and i just tolerate the fact that in my life time i will probably never see these things change

philphie

Banned
HSC
what idiot would avoid a particular uni simply bcos of the racial background of its students?
well i can definitely say there are people out there who avoid usyd because it is considered by them to be too left wing oriented

isjongood

HSC
some day you will have to face the reality that most of those things will never change.

the things you listed are digusting aspects of life and yes they should not be tolerated, but i have been defeated, these things will not change any time soon and i just tolerate the fact that in my life time i will probably never see these things change
Take a look at Australian society 50 years ago, sexism, racism and general prejudice were much more prevalent than today, I would call this a 'win' for social progression.

I think your getting confused between the prevalence and the existence of these things, sure there will always be racism, murder etc but history shows us that the prevalence of these things can (and should) be reduced.

EDIT: Sorry lizziegirl ^, I promise this will be my last derailed post :)

Last edited:

philphie

Banned
HSC
Take a look at Australian society 50 years ago, sexism, racism and general prejudice where much more prevalent than today, I would call this a 'win' for social progression.

I think your getting confused between the prevalence and the existence of these things, sure there will always be racism, murder etc but history shows us that the prevalence of these things can (and should) be reduced.
you're probably right but i doubt i will be alive for that long

NotOneLess

HSC
The rest of the thread starting from philphie's initial post shouldn't have existed. Bankstown is more suitable because it's psych central. Also, current uws students' feedback would be more valid in this thread. 'nuff said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)