Penrith Vs Bankstown (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Hey guys,
I live in Strathfield and I have to decide where to do my Social Science units. I most likely will drive to uni but there may be days where I wont have the car. I don't know whether it would be easier to go to Penrith as it seems much more simple to get to than Bankstown. Distance wise which is further? I thought that Bankstown was actually at Bankstown which is quite close but it actually being at Milperra is actually considerably further. Which is the better campus to get to and which has the better facilities? I am going for a drive to see which is worse but I have to decide pretty much before enrolment on monday...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'd say Penrith. Only cause you catch one train and one bus. I've heard its a pain to get to the Bankstown campus. Um ... why not whe you have a free day, before you enrol, travel to the Bankstown campus and Penrith and decide which one you prefer. Penrith facilities are apparently better than Bankstown. But its really your decision.

Kulazzi

HSC
yeah. I agree with Cape. The day when you won't have the car you can just catch a train direct to Penrith whereas you have to change lines like twice or something to go to Bankstown.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I went for a drive with my Dad who took me a 100 ways until he found the easiest and quickest ways to the Bankstown Campus. It shouldn't be a problem if I drive, so i'll probably end up going there. Realistically it should be much quicker taking about 20-25 mins. If I get a parking permit I can use it for both Parra and Bankstown right?

spillargroove

HSC
I think in terms of distance, the Bankstown campus is much closer. You reach Lidcome and then you go through Birrong, Berala, Yagonna, Bankstown. At Bansktown station, there are bus services there which take you to Milperra (where the campus actually is). From Bankstown station to Milperra, it is about 15 to 20 minutes. I think overall, Bansktown would be better for you. This is because I live near East Hills and I know the area well.

If you can look at www.cityrail.info and the timetable booklet, see if there are express trains that get to Penrith are the times that get there are much quicker compared to Straithfield to Bankstown via Lidcome.

Physically, Penrith is further both both routes, you need to go via Train and Bus; Bankstown bus trip will take longer.

melodic_gal

HSC
Bankstown is closer for you i reckon because my friend who used to goto bankstown campus with me lives around your area. she drove her car to the university and she says it takes her less that 45mins to get there.

and sometimes takes the train its only like few stations away then you like catch the 922 East Hills via Milperra connex bus cost you $1.40 one way if catching home you catch the one That says Bankstown 922 connex bus.

if you can drive to the Bankstown Campus i say drive instead of the buses and trains because it a big headache! it takes forever for the buses to and from. I live like behind the Bansktown Campus and it still takes at least 45 mins on two buses going there and coming back.

either way bankstown or penrith you'll still have trains and buses going either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)