Pens in the HSC (1 Viewer)

samthebear

HSC
mmm i cant write neatly - the running writing business screwed my writing up massively lol. Kilometrico pens used to be good. now they just suck - the ink is too light and you have to press hard to get it to write smoothly (i know - i tested like 5 pens from the same batch and they all were the same =.= i bought another packet and it was the same :mad1:)

My friend writes neatly without running writing tho - so neat and small (not too small); perfect handwriting imo.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
i use to tape heavy duty batteries to my pen, to condition my hand into writing faster, it messed up my handwriting so i stopped

i use this bic, velocity pen now for school + studying
for maths and physics i use mechanical pens
for exams i use this type of asian pen my friend gave me, makes me write .5 times faster :S

I find your resorting to taping batteries to your pen most amusing but more seriously reflects a realisation of the importance of being good at handwriting.

"Fluidity" of the pen is an important parameter in all this. But far more important is how you write; most of you don't have a role model. Without seeing it being done, it is hard to fully appreciate what I mean.

Those interested enough should invest (say a 3-hr session) in a handwriting workshop. Let me demonstrate.

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
iRuler . . . . I share your sentiment.

If you are in my area I'd certainly like to meet with you and see if you are indeed not "redeemable". I'm just dying to find out.

From your description you're prob Asian with pushy parents. Local "Anglo" parents are more relaxed. I've many crap maths students and I attribute this to the poor preparation in primary school. Primary school teachers are often themselves weak in maths so what can you expect. The education system sets the bar very low . . . up to yr 10. Imagine even yr 8 students have not mastered the 12 x 12 multiplication table. I once had a yr 11 2U maths student who could not tell me what 7x8 is. They reckon in this day and age this is no longer important. They are wrong if they think this way. And these are people who are supposed to have gone thru some Education programme @ Uni to ensure they are qualified to teach maths as well.
nah, it's just that I can't be bothered to spend soo much time again to perfect my handwriting, it takes soo long, plus building up speed... and hsc in only 18 months away!:eek: so yea... I doubt I could improve within 18 months and get faster at writing.

BTW which area are you in? and what would you be providing at your workshops?

also: my handwriting before was similar to the olden day people, the extremely neat one, kinda like that extremely neat lucida font... forget the full name, not the lucida handwritig, the other one

EDIT: font is - Lucida Calligraphy

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
iRuler

The choice is entirely yours of course. You cannot jump into conclusion without trying things out. But to me handwriting is 'natural' and 'effortless'. What amazes me is why has it suddenly become so difficult? Where does the question of 'building up speed' arise ? Why must it take that long to master it? I just don't get it; why must it be so hard.

I'm in the Epping area but would be happy to travel anywhere convenient if sufficient number of people are interested. But looks like you don't think it can be done. It may well be the case. Who knows. One can only try. But time is of course a precious commodity.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
^^^

sorry, didn't mean anything bad

It's just that it's Been soo long since I've had this bad handwriting, it feels like it will take a long time to change my style and bad habit of bad writing

But you have a point, I surely can try and improve, better then not trying at all

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
^^^

sorry, didn't mean anything bad

It's just that it's Been soo long since I've had this bad handwriting, it feels like it will take a long time to change my style and bad habit of bad writing

But you have a point, I surely can try and improve, better then not trying at all

But are you sure you know how by yourself .. even admittedly this is hardly rocket science. I'm trying to be helpful. If I can help one it gives me a lot of joy. That's why I offer maths tuition trying to share my experience and insight. But mostly I get the less able student like one that goes frozen trying to blurt out that 8 is 4 x 2. imagine! Not like lots of you very talented guys & girls on Bored.

Last edited:

adidasboy

weee
HSC
cant believe this thread has five pages --_-- lol
you just added to it =P
mm i hate those atlantis pens that leak ink =(
i usually end up with ink all over my face (and no i don't wipe my face on the page)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
But are you sure you know how by yourself .. even admittedly this is hardly rocket science. I'm trying to be helpful. If I can help one it gives me a lot of joy. That's why I offer maths tuition trying to share my experience and insight. But mostly I get the less able student like one that goes frozen trying to blurt out that 8 is 4 x 2. imagine! Not like lots of you very talented guys & girls on Bored.
well I can try :)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
This topic is very interesting because I believe I very comfortable and effecient pen that goes really fast can save you at least 5 minutes by the end of the exam... and in subjects which require a lot of writing (i.e. English, Histories etc.) this would save A LOT of time.

I do have another favourite pen except I don't know the brand... it is immaculate, but I know they are approximately $7 per pen (probably more now). No they aren't parker pens + they suck.

HSC
i use to tape heavy duty batteries to my pen, to condition my hand into writing faster, it messed up my handwriting so i stopped

i use this bic, velocity pen now for school + studying
for maths and physics i use mechanical pens
for exams i use this type of asian pen my friend gave me, makes me write .5 times faster :S
which fucking retard tapes batteries to their pens?

you might as well tape a dumbbell to it

Scinery

HSC
Exam PENS!

So what pens does everyone use in exams?

I go for either Bic Velocity-esque pens or fine tipped inky pens with good grips by Artline or Pilot =]

bettina44

HSC
Re: Exam PENS!

i used to use a bic smoothie, pretty good pen too bad i can't find them anymore :( but otherwise i use a fountain pen

imoO

HSC

PILOT BP-S MEDIUMS

nuff sed

absorber

HSC

Been using BIC Atlantis, pretty good but haven't explored options much

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

Whatever pens I have ^_^... Although I've found some really good pens which a friend of mine uses and they last forever! (I'll use them next year).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)