Pens (1 Viewer)

srini

Originally posted by del

yes!..i have messy handwriting to start with....
i don't write on the actual lines on the paper...sorta all over them really
join the club mate. The only time my writing is neat is when i attempt to write precisly. In the exams, my writing seems to go everywhere with many different sized lettering :D

Lee

i wish someone had forced me to write with a proper pen grip. my grip is terrible and hence my writing is even worse! not only that but my hand hurts after writing for about 5 mins and it's also slow.....this screws me up a bit when it comes to long 3 hr or 2 hr english and history exams...

im jess

if i try to write neat really fast, my hand cramps up really bad, so i write messily..... its their fault if they cant read it.. hehe... well not really..

srini

i hate it after writing so much, the air around u smells of ink. my ink smells bad and almost makes u spew

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by smegger_em
If anyone is thinking that they have bad writing they should check out some of the standards package amples, they are terrible!
its amazing, we got sample HSC answer for economics, and the handwriting for band4/5 is always neater and more legible than a band5/6 response, where the handwriting is annoyingly bad !

dissonance

all I can really say is that my writing is reputably bad. I hope I get nice, understanding markers....who mark it just after a coffee break or somthin...

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
what do u mean the air smells like ink?? :confused:

hey dissonance even if ur writing is messy..like really really messy and they cant read it.. they actually go thru the trouble findin someone that can!

thats what one of my teachers said.

JeffBuckley

I would like for you to get your smelling tested, mayeb you have something in your air ways that make you constantly smell ink.

I have never (and I can say this with totall honesty) that I have NEVER smelt ink.
I think that pen makes the exam, eg, if you are writing an essay for say history and everyone knows how long they can be, then think if you had a shit pen that made your hand hurt lots and that wastnt a gell tip, you would be fucked.
I hate pencills, except if they have a nice smooth led in them, I like led.
ok smegger pen grips are damn anoying, they get in the road, I can also say that I have great penmanship, well at least I think so.
I used to write realy small and then nearly all of teachers said they couldnt read it so I made it bigger and then they complained again, so I would like to ask.
HOW BIG IS TOO BIG?
Also I am a very crap speller, so please domn pick on the guy that cant spell his own name.:p
Jeff

Lee

Originally posted by lazychic
what do u mean the air smells like ink?? :confused:

hey dissonance even if ur writing is messy..like really really messy and they cant read it.. they actually go thru the trouble findin someone that can!

thats what one of my teachers said.

that is true, but if they have to go to all the trouble, iunstead of just reading through it in the first place they are more likley to take the marks down. by the time they have figured out a word or something they will have forgotten the gist of what you have already written and because it's so bad they won't read back over it therefore you have potentially lost marks.....

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
nah nah nah... i dont think so!

why would u lose marks cos u got messy writing?? u cant help it that u write messy in an exam situation..cos thats jus u! they wont disadvantage someone like that. cos even tho the writings messy the piece of writing mayb damn good! get what i mean?

if they cant read it..they'll find someone that can! and i'm not sure abt this.......but i think they rewrite or type up ur piece of writing...(word for word of course) so its neater and can actually b read! haha.. and it gets back to the markers and the markers mark it.. and yeh yeh..

Lee

i have heard it first hand from a marker. and it makes sense. if they find it hard to read your writing they are not marking you down becasue of the writing, they are marking tyou down because they find it hard to understand what you are saying when they forget what they read in the sentance b4 becauyse it was messy. and no, they don't type up anyhting.

Lee

actually i've heard it from 3 markers.it sux, but it makes sense. people with bad writing just have to practise. i have terrible writing and even worse in exams so practising helps.

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
but but.. if they found someone that can read ur writing...why wud they find it hard to understand??!... if they can actually read what ur writing!

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
Hey Jeff, we definetly have to get married, i can not spell either! Random year 11 students i dont know just come up to me make fun of me being able to find at least 5 different ways of spelling library and doing 4 unit english.

I think you writing either needs to be illegiable, so that they make a conscience effort not to mark you down for your writing or beautiful so they sub-consciencely mark you up for it. They wouldnt intentionally change cause of your writing.

I have heard a story from a marker that there was one student who was so bad they got a person to sit down and 'transtate' their whole essay. So they obviously try not to discriminate but they would do it with out meaning too.

JeffBuckley

O.K smegger then marraige it is.
legable writing sux, I say make the work harder, MUCh harder for the markers, think about what they get payed for.
I wish to be a marker when I grow up.
I wish I could spell, anyone know how to teach spelling over the net?
Would be great
Thanks
Jeff

im jess

ok lets start with the easy ones....
spell.... cat

see.... aye.... tee.....

cat.....

can YOU spell cat?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)