• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Pentax digital camera cannot read SD card (1 Viewer)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Ive a pentax optio S and a couple of days ago I dropped it and all of a sudden the camera couldnt read my SD card anymore... that is, the camera takes pictures fine but will only save them on the internal memory (only 11mb) and no matter what I do the camera will not recognise the SD card I put in. Ive tried multiple working, non-locked SD cards and none are recognised by the pentax.

Does anyone have any advice to get it going again that doesnt involve throwing the camera out or re-dropping it (Ive tried the latter, hehe)? The warrenty is passed so I would have to pay for repairs ... would that be worth it? I actually already bought a replacement camera (Ricoh R30), but it is shit compared to good 'ole Optio.

Cheers,
Ac

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Depends how extensive (and therefore expensive) the repairs are.
If you do get repairs done, ask for a quote before you leave it with them so you know what you are paying.

or Maybe try sell the Ricoh and Optio and buy another replacement?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Well it's obvious you screwed something up when you dropped it. Try taking it back to Pentax and see if you can get a repair quote.

Since you say that the [12 months manufacturer's] warranty has expired, I assume it isn't the relatively new Optio S7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)