People that didn't get a good ATAR, what did you tell your parents? (1 Viewer)

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
What if they do have 99.95 atars and HDs and yachts
then they can afford private college and stuff to eventually get their kid where they wants to be

if they're being dicks then IMO that just makes them stupid, and not the poor kid who chances are got 69+ which is above average for the state and therefore - not stupid

even if you do get below 60 or whatever, any parent who cares to bully you about it is just shit

Machination

HSC
Hahaha. Yeah my parents don't really understand what's good or what's bad. They think I can easily get 91, but I had to spend a while explaining that 91 is actually very high and tell them that I probably won't do too well.

So there's a tip to others. Lower your parent's expectations before the big day.
OMG thats like my parents too! And yeah after every HSC exam i told them how hard they were (English and Math). Well since they didn't study here in Australia, and my mom is the only who went to Uni, They will accept what ever I got.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Tbh if i did shit in terms of getting <80 atar(no offense but this is considering i have tutoring), i would punish myself, i ain't taking shit from nobody but myself

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

turntaker

HSC
I told my parents that its my atar not yours so get over it.

DLMisme

HSC
I just told them what I got (56.50). They were both really understanding, my Mum rang me from work and said she doesn't care, she's so proud of me for coming this far and she thinks I've done really well. My Dad thinks it's a bummer my school sucked as a group, but he's pretty chilled out about it. Neither of them were too worried, they just wanted me to get into the course I wanted which I did via early entry anyway.

Mythos

HSC
wat, i had to show my parents my score on the website

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Don't take their shit.

Be like "alright guys show me your 99.95 ATAR equivalents show me all your HDs from uni show me your mother fucking yacht then you can belittle my achievements like a bunch of 12 year old elitists."
That doesn't mean you have to disrespect your parents like that!

To OP, parents usually just believe in the capabilities of their children. Don't take it the wrong way, just make sure you are truthful and convey your disappointment. I'm sure they'll soften up. :)

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Tldr just confess how you tried your best and add a few tears for enhanced results

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
You just have to tell them, there possibly will be consequences both physically and socially but it already happened and you cant really lie your way around it so the best thing to do is brace yourself and wait for the inevitable.

However you should first think of a compromise ie explain to them that there are many ways to get into desired degree. This will possibly make your punishment lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
That doesn't mean you have to disrespect your parents like that!

To OP, parents usually just believe in the capabilities of their children. Don't take it the wrong way, just make sure you are truthful and convey your disappointment. I'm sure they'll soften up. :)
Well once OP has explained the situation to their parents and act sad and explain alternate pathways, etc., if the parents are still rude then they are the ones disrespecting their child.... :/

Kolmias

HSC
I got an ATAR of 3.95 so I can goes to Hogwarts now and study Transfiguration.

My parents are like: "Kolmias, you're going to be a wizard so we don't care what you got in some Muggle shit"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)