• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

People who arent right for you. (1 Viewer)

Skeeta

HSC
i think you are being a perfectionist here.. i mean does it really matter if you dont love EVERYTHING about your guy? i think this would be more boring than anything to be honest

and perhaps you are to quick to judge, i mean i'm not the best one to talk here because ive been iwth the same guy for 4 years.. but in the beginning i was never "omigod i can see myself spending the rest of my life with him". It took about 6 months or so for me to be totally "into him" then the rest just kinda fell into place

thats just me tho, i like to see the way things turn out and actually experience them, rather than imagining what it'd be like and dismissing it before it occurs

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i feel sorry for you guys (and you probably feel sorry for me too), i'm the total opposite. my past relationships, the only thing i've even thought about questioning is the 'is what i'm feeling real?' (it turned out to be complete bs in at least 2 of the 3 though), and that wasnt until a fair while into the relationship. i generally dont realise the relationship's a complete sham until its basically over...i dont think i could stand over-analysing guys and their potential, i'm too much of a romantic, i'd go crazy!

being a romantic, so i'm usually infatuated with the guy right after he kisses me. but in my current relationship, the beginning was way too casual and non-challant for me to even think about being completely head over heels about him. there was bf/gf-y 'stuff' going on (kissing, hugging, staying at his place for a number of days in a row, etc), but it was more like 'oh yeah, i'm going round to mark's place:)' rather than 'oh yay, i'm going to my bf's place:D' for the first few weeks. i dont think i refered to him as my bf until a month after we first kissed (which's the date we say that we first started going out on), yet we've been going out for almost 14 months (yay :D) and we both love eachother to bits.

i think manda's grown up <insert mother, teary about her baby's growing up here>

Last edited:

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
I met a guy who was too smart for me.... too nerdy. I do want a smart guy, but not nerdy smart.

davin

HSC
N/A
no need to knock nerds. also as they tend to be more committed cuz nerds get so few chances

though, so how are you defining smart that rules out nerdy smart?

Jaydels

HSC
I'm definitely not the over analysing type. I probably fall for guys a bit too quickly though. I f I like them I wanna give it a go with them, even if it does only last a year...I'd much rather be with them for a year than not at all. I don't know about everyone else but I don't really know who the right person is for me so I guess by going out with someone I can work out whether they are right for me or not. I've come out of all relationships so far still being friends with the guy...so as far as I can see I haven't lost anything.

HSC
i usually am reluctant for a relationship unless iknow it'll work for a long.. long time

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i don't like the idea of getting in a relationship that i feel will not last very long and with no permanent goal in mind.

davin

HSC
N/A
transcendent said:
i don't like the idea of getting in a relationship that i feel will not last very long and with no permanent goal in mind.
part of the reason my last relationship ended was because my ex had been given advice that you marry the people you date, and there were religious issues involved that made not marrying me a good idea

HSC
N/A
azzie said:
I just wanted to know if this was a qwerk of my character or if everyone else had this kinda thing too...

I go out on dates with people, just you know, casually our to drinks or dinner somewhere nice but not fancy, and during the conversation I pick up how the other person acts and talks and thinks pretty well. I basically get an idea of what they're like. Then I weigh it up in my mind and (for the most part, or so far) realise how wrong that person is for me. I know I could convince myself that I like them and that I could have a nice relationship with them for a while, say up to a year. But after that there would be nothing.

So a few days later I totally stop seeing them, stop talking to them and stop thinking about them.

I think I'm really strange.
Anyone else like this?
so that's what happened between us uh? :(

transcendent

HSC
N/A
davin said:
part of the reason my last relationship ended was because my ex had been given advice that you marry the people you date, and there were religious issues involved that made not marrying me a good idea
lol religion :(

davin

HSC
N/A
transcendent said:
lol religion :(
well, it was an issue that it meant there were some issues that we didn't have common viewpoints that she felt would be important in the long run. not just a "you're not of my religion, therefore we can't date".

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
But if you’re looking for fastlove
If that’s love in your eyes
It’s more than enough
Had some bad luck
So fastlove is all that I’ve got on my mind

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I don't think you can really get to know someone with one or two dates. There should be a monthly trial period or something.

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
Casmira said:
i usually am reluctant for a relationship unless iknow it'll work for a long.. long time
its gets like that when your older, in your case your just wiser at your age lol
i dont see a point in going out with a guy for the sake of things
whereas i think alot of teenagers (high school period) do
simply coz they dont know WHO they are, let alone know what THEY want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)