Performance in front of another school! (1 Viewer)

Dr_Doom

HSC
Our teacher has planned us to do our performance in front of another local high school. I don't see the point really. She says it's good to build confidence or somethn. But why don't we just play in front of a year 7 class..
Also we have to goto them! Instead of them coming to us! So missing out on other class time as well has the annoying part of taking all our instruments over!

Has anyone else done this before??!?

Dr_Doom

HSC
Bunny04 said:
Yup, for year 12 we played at another school- it was good performance practice. Very good, beacuse you will get nervous- but it will be a good step to getting over nerves.
lol well we only have 8 people in our class and I don't get nervous at all lol. Plus that whole thing is over. We never ended up going lol... Guess majority rules! :p

Nancy Kissinger

HSC
N/A
Dr_Doom said:
Our teacher has planned us to do our performance in front of another local high school. I don't see the point really. She says it's good to build confidence or somethn. But why don't we just play in front of a year 7 class..
Also we have to goto them! Instead of them coming to us! So missing out on other class time as well has the annoying part of taking all our instruments over!

Has anyone else done this before??!?
it is a fantastic idea. gives you practice and gets you used to going through the motions so that when you come to do it for the HSC then it's second nature. much less stressful on the day then :) good luck.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Yeah, it would also have been good if you were performing in front of their year12 class, and they for you... You can get feedback that way.

In my class we just performed in front of each other... But there were 22 in music 2 and 9 in music extension doing performance, so it was easier with such a big group... Plus there were 2 music 1classes, and we joined forces and did performance in front of everyone sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)