Performing in Performances.. (1 Viewer)

Jsfrulz

HSC
Hey, i was just wondering if anyone had any tips on the entertainment side of performance. I always loose marks in my performances for not connecting with the markers or getting into the music or something like that and i need those marks.. Is there more to it then just jumping around? I'm playing guitar + vocals in my performances btw
thanks

Jaskkes

HSC
Not alot to it. I mean I cant talk because I havent done my HSC yet but some important factors have to be to relax, know your pieces amazingly and just play from the heart. Nerves = death. If your showing yourself and look like your having a good time that energy usually transfers to the auidence.

First impressions always help so pick your 'set list' wisely ;)

Triquad

HSC
in lose marks 4 that too, and im a singer... so getting the msg accross should be easier for me i guess
i think facial expressions when singing are important, not really sure abt other instruments, but interpreting the music in ur own way is important too.
playing in the style
blah
blah
blah

Arkhaeon

HSC
While it probably falls more into dynamics/expressive techniques, i think a certain "sensitivity" needs to be acheived.
Im a singer (male), just did my performances a few weeks ago... i too always was told i need to be more engaging.
I guess all i can recommend is place yourself in the music (ie, sad lyrics - change facial expressions, sing softer)

=P
incase u care, my performances went well =D
take care.

Jay-Tee

HSC
because ive been drumming for a while ive done a few hscs for friends older than me and it helps to dress up

seriously we did a hendrix song and dressed as hippies the markers loved it

other than that, feel the music, smile, have fun, DONT STRESS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)