Period pain (1 Viewer)

rozymisty

HSC
I woke up yesterday with mild pain but no stuff, and then today i got suddenly woken up with my period, and the most excrusciating pain ive had for ages. Like the pain went right down to my knees and felt rather sick. I tried to get up on my knees and like lower my stomach, kinda like doggy style, coz apparently that help stretch the uterine muscles etc. That didnt help and it just made me feel like i wanted to have a big shit.

Took like an hour for the advil and heat pack to work, and it was agony. And i dont have much bleeding....which is sooo annoying coz youd expect that when you have a lot of pain, youd have a lot of bleeding.

I havent been on the pill since like september....and its been a month since my last period which was a weird one coz like i had a small one at end of sept, and then a few small ones during october while i was awy in NZ,...not good to get your perio when travelling.

So yeh just wondering what you girls do when you get rather bad pain. im sure glad that i didnt have to work today!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
....that doesn't sound normal, I'd go to your doctor and get it checked out. Severe sickening pain accompanied by light bleeding sounds pretty...well, abnormal.

As for what to do about the pain though, I've always found 2 naprogesic and a hot water bottle does the trick. I've never found a sure fire cure for the really really bad pain, though. Pop 2 nurofen, grab a heat pack and think of England, I guess.

will-anal

Banned
HSC
Yeah that's abnormal.

Anywhore, when I have really bad days I take 2 buscopan, 2 ibuprofen and 2 panadol

HSC
that's happened to me before, it was bad to the point i almost collapsed. you can get pain relief stuff at the chemists specifically for period pain, in brands like 'chemists' own', you have to take them at the first sign of pain though because they take a while to kick in.

rozymisty

HSC
haha well ive never had a bf so yeh but thats what someone told me and other times its kinda helped, but this time i thik prob coz i was arching my back wrong it felt like my arse was going to explode lol.

Normaly i take naprogesic, but i took advil for it coz its quicker acting suposably. Plus im now on losec which is for indegestion and they say not to take anti inflammatories with it, but you can if you take it with food which i do anyway for period pain.

I see a gynaecologist, but havent seen her for a while and she would just say to go back on the pill. I cant be bothered taking it though when it doesnt always work the right way. I mean im more regular without the pill. But this was the first time in prob a year that ive had pain this bad. I was considering going to the hospital i was in that much pain. But yeah tried to focus on breathing and got the wheat bag.

Been taking advil at noon when i got up, then panadeine about 2ish, and then advil just in the last hour. Its still very light bleeding, and then it should pick up in the next few days when ironically the pain goes down...

thank god i wasnt at work today coz i wouldve asked to have gone home.

Do some of you find also that a few days before your period you get not exactly diarrhoea but like loose poo? Ive been told its the hormones, and sometimes at the start of my period, like today, i feel like sometimes taking a shit will help the pain, but not always...

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
i get lil stomac aches 2days before it. if i dont get them. the pain gets heaps worse. i get fevers and arghhhhh why is there this thread :(

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
OP I would see if another pill suits because honestly, I spent years taking iron tablets and eating lots of meat to get my iron levels close to normal (I have other health conditions which contribute) but taking the pill for about two years has made my periods lighter and now my iron levels are normal. If you keep at it and find a the best drug for you, you might have more success with the pain

will-anal

Banned
HSC
The loose stools are due to the high levels of oestradiol and progesterone circulating prior to the beginning of menstruation.

will-anal

Banned
HSC
Its a bit graphic but I tend to find that my period messes with my bowels, I get constipated a day or two before and then its opposite the day it starts...
Just after ovulation during the luteal phase, a lot of women find that their stools are harder than normal, or that it's hard to pass a stool. And then just before/during menstruation, the stools go mushy.

Perfectly normal guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)