Perioki contriting to spartan society? (1 Viewer)

ally23

HSC
I have an essay and im unsure where to start im finding it hard to get much information on the actual perioki let alone how they contributed to society?
help would be muchly appreciated.

caitlinjinks

HSC
i can help :)The Spartan army rarely fought without the periokoi who made up as much as half of the spartan army. Periokoi were citizens of sparta but performed a crucial service in the sparta army aswell as in spartan society.The periokoi were also cheifly engaged in mining, commerce and manufacture.The periokoi also made and imported chariots as the spartans loved chariot racing.The periokoi pretty much did everything for the spartans, from agriculture to mining minerals.They were in between as they could not be citizens in their own town of sparta as they lived from a distance from the centre and probably managed only infrequent visits.That's pretty rought stuff but i think you get the picture, If you need more help jus contact me because periokoi is easy :)

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Don't forget to include quotes & archaeological evidence. There's quite a lot stattuettes that have been found and linked with perioikic community.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)