Permanent Residency (1 Viewer)

kcf912

HSC
So I just received my PR a couple of days ago...

So I am basically a local fee paying student now. But I don't understand why I have to pay the same fees as before??? (when I was an International student)

On the email I received it says:
"If you wish to apply for a Commonwealth Supported Place, you will need to reapply through the Universities Admissions Centre. Please refer to the UAC website for further information www.uac.edu.au/undergraduate/ or contact the UNSW Undergraduate Admissions Office on 9385 3228."

What does reapplying mean? I have to apply for a place in my course (engineering) again?

Would appreciate any info on this matter.

Macqncheese

Banned
HSC
N/A
Yes, you need to reapply through UAC.

Your original offer was a place as a international student. So regardless if you have PR or not, you will have that offer, hence the fees are such.

Therefore, you need to reapply in December to gain a commonwealth supported spot. (Through UAC)

kcf912

HSC
Yes, you need to reapply through UAC.

Your original offer was a place as a international student. So regardless if you have PR or not, you will have that offer, hence the fees are such.

Therefore, you need to reapply in December to gain a commonwealth supported spot. (Through UAC)
Thanks for the reply.

The thing is I have already completed 1 whole year at UNSW. So if I reapply for a commonwealth supported spot, I carry on from where I left off? I don't have to redo the courses or anything? I do a credit transfer or something?

Macqncheese

Banned
HSC
N/A
Thanks for the reply.

The thing is I have already completed 1 whole year at UNSW. So if I reapply for a commonwealth supported spot, I carry on from where I left off? I don't have to redo the courses or anything? I do a credit transfer or something?
Yep, it is a bit of a hassle. But all it really is, is ensuring the right policies are met. You will be able to transfer all your credit over etc. You won't be left behind/made to do more.

However, if you contact student services, you may be able to avoid this hassle.

kcf912

HSC
Thanks man. You kinda put my mind at ease...

But I can only apply for a commonwealth spot this December? Not before Semester 2?

Because I don't want to be paying 17,000 dollars when I can get away with paying MUCH less...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)