• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Perms (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
So I'm thinking about getting a perm... even tough I'm getting my hair trimmed tomorrow. This is just for the next time I want to do something for my hair. :eek:

I don't want the tight 80s curls, but the body wave type. Just wondering if anyone's had that done and if they could post pics.

Also, has the chemical or whatev they used changed your hair for the worse in any way? I just want some change to it. I haven't ever dyed it and don't want to, but I'm getting bored of it being straight. If I get tired of the waves I could just straighten it again or whatev!

wendus

krawr.
HSC
yeah i'm pretty sick of straight hair too. i wanted to get extensions in the next few months, but decided not to because of the chemicals and glues and stuff. try doing a bit of research on google - some articles out there are pretty helpful with this stuff. gl! :)

p.s.! body wave can be pretty nice if done well. i got something like that done for a year 10 formal and it was a nice change.

karoooh

HSC
Yea, I've googled, but I want to hear from people on the forum too and to see how their's are if they've had it done.

And I don't hate straight hair, it's just i like having volume, which I'm hoping I can get from a body wave, instead of teasing my hair (even though it's nice/fun) or adding product or whatev (which never works out because of the wind/I'm incompetent with it). :eek:

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
I'm been perming my hair since I was in year 8 so I couldnt really find any photos with straight hair. Natrually my hair is dead straight being asian and all so I just put up one that i did have straight hair in...
P.s. ignore my retard expressions.
kthnxz
before:

after:
a long time go
slightly recent

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC
pattii said:
I'm been perming my hair since I was in year 8 so I couldnt really find any photos with straight hair. Natrually my hair is dead straight being asian and all so I just put up one that i did have straight hair in...
P.s. ignore my retard expressions.
kthnxz
before:

after:
a long time go
slightly recent
Guys (and lezbos) , would you?

I would. :rolleyes:

tangotrace

SUPER HERO
HSC
haha... anyway... back on topic, i have naturaly straight hair and i got it permed about 2/3 months ago... the texture has completely changed for the worse... used to be really sleek and healthy now it's quite coarse and i have to put treatments through it weekly. also... so much easier to do straight. curls i have to wash it the day i want to wear it out which means i start the day with wet hair cause you can't blowdry it. straightening takes heaps longer and it's super bad for it cause its so fragile... breaks off heaps. SO! personal recomendation: if you want a change go get some foils or something through it... save the perm and if you still want it in a year then get it done :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)