Personality- Hatshepsut (1 Viewer)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
somechick said:
A2RAYA said:
no its acutally bcause she was a stupid female king who wanted attention and said she was daughter of amun and wen this didnt work she began dressing as a man...becuase she was stupid....she became pharoah cos she was stupid, she had a co regency with thut 3 cos she was stupid and finally we had to write all this stuff about her because....yep u guessed it..cos she was stupid

no way!!!!!!!!! how can u say that??!!! Hatshepsut was an absolute legend. She was smart, she was cunning and she was damn-right a good pharoah. Man, pharoahs had to erase her name to reduce comparison, they emulated her innovations like djeser djeseru and her legitimisation processes, just so they could be seen as a good pharoah.
The only reason why she dressed up as a man was to maintain maat and be seen as a traditional pharoah.
but all pharaohs erased each others names to take credit for what their predecessors did... so it really wasnt that unusual. hatshepsut herself did it. pharaohs had to be seen through the ages as being well-rounded - but if u were some1 like thut III who spent all their time campaigning, u didnt have time to build monuments.
dont be prejudiced...maybe she just liked cross-dressing! :p

Benjamin

Dear Everybody,

I am a pretty good Ancient History student, I came 7th in the course, which while it may not seem huge, I have an extremely inteligent year especialy in Advanced English and Ancient History with many of the students having flawless or near assesment reccord (100%) and so I am realy hoping they bring the rest of our marks up! :) Praise God, I love my year! Oh and I go to a public school in the hills, so theres one for every one who thinks Public schools are seccond best. ;)

But any way, I chose to show both perspectives on Hatshepsut; that she was posibly a Usurper, but there is strong evidence to suggest she was just trying to protect Thutmose III's throne (giving her military power to Thutmose II.ect for example). I did however use more evidence to lean towards the point that especialy due to the fact that revolts from Nubia, Syria and even inside Egypt where extremely common at the time of a new Pharaoh, and even more so when considering Thumose III was merely a child when he succeded his father. And ofcouce i used the fact that she did not exclude Thutmost from daily life as shown by many frescoes. So I basicly argued that while she may have been a Usurper of the throne, she may have just being protecting her step-son untill a time when he was fully able to take the throne.

I used a range of Modern Historians for this section, but im not sure if I used an ancient historian. I used heaps of Primary evidence including her colonades within her Mortuary temple at Deir El-Bahri. Basicly it was a great paper.

I Pray you all do great,

God Bless,

-Benjamin G.

Last edited:

somechick

HSC
N/A
Benjamin said:
Dear Everybody,

I am a pretty good Ancient History student, I came 7th in the course, which while it may not seem huge, I have an extremely inteligent year especialy in Advanced English and Ancient History with many of the students having flawless or near assesment reccord (100%) and so I am realy hoping they bring the rest of our marks up! :) Praise God, I love my year! Oh and I go to a public school in the hills, so theres one for every one who thinks Public schools are seccond best. ;)QUOTE]

good for you. what does this have to do with your opinion tho?
But ur opinion is valid. I dont think Hat was a high handed feminist ..wahtever.. woman who just wanted power. She was smart and she knew her stuff. I give her praise for that.

sarahlouiseir

HSC
Hatchepsut

OMG my Ancient teacher told me that there will be people memorising all of tildesly
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
that is so scary, dont these people have other subjects, a life??????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)