• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

perspex for framing??? (1 Viewer)

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
i'm using perspects to do everything on.. so i guess it'd be ok as a frame. your teacher should know..

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
nope
you can't fram your stuff under hard plastic... read the rules i posted im sure i mentioned it
they need to be able to see yourtechnical resolution etc
like the technique you use

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
i just go the most brilliantest idea in the world! ask your teacher:p! i just copied the info out of a book we were given, and i wanted to frame my works but was told we shouldn't put works under glass/plastic - plus its in the rules of submission. i think if you use over head film, and you have somthing on the overhead film its ok... again i'm not sure.

In my personal opinion - if you are going to cover a drawing or painting in plastic it is going to make it difficult to mark and obscure strokes, line, texture etc. to some degree, and therefore make it difficult to mark based on technical resolution which is an important part of the BOW. I could be wrong, at our school its just flat out not allowed at all. Like i said have a chat to your teacher - they might annoy you but bottom line they know what is going to be good for your work and how to maximise your marks.

Leah.Midd

HSC
lislabella said:
i just go the most brilliantest idea in the world! ask your teacher:p! i just copied the info out of a book we were given, and i wanted to frame my works but was told we shouldn't put works under glass/plastic - plus its in the rules of submission. i think if you use over head film, and you have somthing on the overhead film its ok... again i'm not sure.

In my personal opinion - if you are going to cover a drawing or painting in plastic it is going to make it difficult to mark and obscure strokes, line, texture etc. to some degree, and therefore make it difficult to mark based on technical resolution which is an important part of the BOW. I could be wrong, at our school its just flat out not allowed at all. Like i said have a chat to your teacher - they might annoy you but bottom line they know what is going to be good for your work and how to maximise your marks.
haha my teacher would have no idea, first year in doing HSC art and she SUCKS!!! its her way or no way! aarrrgghhhh

tragictruthofme

HSC
Im also doing HSC art and one of the people in my art class is framing under perspex and we got told it was ok.Also we had a student last year that did digital works and mounted them between two sheets of perspex...

hipPo3

HSC
isnt it the only strict rules r u cant use bodily fluids and glass ?
My teacher told us that its better to use perspex if u want to use some transparent matierial because it is lightwieght compared to glass.

its more safer to use glass .. but i havent really read the rules.
but im positive that ur allowed to use perspex.

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
hipPo3 said:
isnt it the only strict rules r u cant use bodily fluids and glass ?
My teacher told us that its better to use perspex if u want to use some transparent matierial because it is lightwieght compared to glass.

its more safer to use glass .. but i havent really read the rules.
but im positive that ur allowed to use perspex.
yeah i thinkit depends on how you use it... if it isnt a part of your artwork... as in you just want to frame somthing to make it look pretty or whatever then i think don't use it... or frame the work just don't put the glass/perspex over the top of the artwork

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)