Peter Skryznecki + ORT (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey there,

I was wondering for those that have done or are doing skryzeckis poetry for their AOS, what would be some decent Other Related Texts that i could possibly use and be able to link with Skryzneckis poetry?

Any, Ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

BabieBubski

HSC
Well... it depends on wat you want tho (you havent exactly said wat you wanted)... do u mean like *other* poems? or RELATED MATERIAL..e.g Newpapers, Pictures, Songs, Mag Articles, and so on...
I have a FEW notes .. but WHICH poem are you referring to when it comes to his poemz?

HSC
I'm looking for Related material which i can use in an upcoming assesment which relates back to skryzneckis poetry, i am most likely going to do probably feliks skryznecki and migrant hostel as they share the same ideas basically, and was wondering if anyone had related material which they used for this area.

BabieBubski

HSC
I have an ENG exam *this* Thursday ( Wish Me Luck )... im doing mines on MIGRANT HOSTEL AND IMMIGRANTS AT CENTRAL STATION... The Techniques and comparisons i can give you will hopefully give you an insight on wat to write... and u like..

Immigrant at Central Station, 1951:
[*] Waiting on wat is to come (future by the rails)
[*] Time (waits) --> Shows the presence of movements
[*] Confussion surrounding them
[*] Pigeons --> Symbolic of migration birds (can move from one place to another.. just like the migrants)
[*] Train --> Symbolic of freedom
[*] Signal of the platform ( just like the gate in "Migrant hostel" ) --> its like a "guillotine" ending their life and blocking their knowledge of the uncertainty the future will provide them

FELIKS SKRZYNECKI
[*] Tribute to face dignity and stoicissm in face of loss and hardship
[*] Reminiscence (re-living the journey)
[*] Suffered but endured
[*] Gains and losses through journey

MIGRANT HOSTEL
[*] Temporary stop in journey (were in hostel for no more than 2years)
[*] Waiting for wat is to come (future is unknown as the gate is their source of freedom)
[*] Time (waits) --> Shows the prescence of movement
[*] Gate --> Guillotine (Life will end or start)

I have the DECONTRUCTION of ALL the poems... If you'd like a copy and want me to scan it for you... THATS THE LEAST I CAN DO! It maybe a little messy, but i hope it can HELP you.. Best Of Luck With English :)

HSC
Good luck with ya Eng Exam im sure u will do alright u seem like u have done more work than me as it is..lol

I would appreciate if you could send the poems that u could deconstructed it could help a lot, but there is no rush for you to send it to me yet, so yeh weneva ur ready to that'll be kool.

Thanks

BabieBubski

HSC
For some reason its not leting me ATTACH my deconstruction on this page!
If you give me your email address... id be more than happy to help you out and send them to you VIA email... its worth it *~TRUST ME*~

......OR....... If you'de like... i can give you NEGATIVES AND POSITIVES outcomes involved in some of the poems (Ive done it only for Immigrants @ Central Station and Migrant Hostel) ... The use of POSITIVE and NEGATIVES for English can HELP you out... as "who knows" wat they may ask you... EG: "Not all physical journeys are postive (or negative)... and since uve got notes on POSITIVE and NEGATIVE side to both poems... if could help u out heaps... and who knows... you might also be asked o COMPARE and CONTRAST :p

Anyways... IF YOU'D LIKE ANY HELP WATS-SO-EVA... my emails butterflyblonde16@hotmail.com BEST OF LUCK

HSC
hey my email is austin_powers71@hotmail.com

If u could just send me all the deconstruction you have done and wateva else u think may be relevant info... The positive and negative aspects could also help with the assesment task i gotta do later on this term

Just send me stuff wheneva you are ready Thanks.

BabieBubski

HSC
Aye yo!
Do both of you guys have MSN???
Its takin FOREVER to attach deez documents???
If u do have MSN... it wud be as of GREAT help...
Sorry about this... but i promise its worth it ... soo...*if* u dont have MSN... den, soz... me cants help you... (my dial up is SLOOOOW as and therefore me cants helpz you) SORRY
K...Thanx heaps ::mwa::
Kind Regards,
*~Jo Jo~*

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
i dont know if this is any help, but When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit by Judith Kerr is a great supplementry piece for linkin to Skryznecki and physical journies.
It's about refugees and covers the journey concept pritty well. :)

BabieBubski

HSC
Ive added you on MSN... cuz thats the ONLY way i can HELP you...
When i see you on there next.. i promise ill help you out ok...
Take it easi
~*Jo Jo*~

mutya

HSC
please send me one too...?

u already have an english exam? woah.. good luck! hmm.. for us, it's a speech.. i too am learning peter skryznecki's poems and im searching for related material. if it's not too much trouble, i was wondering if you could give me a copy too.. my email is: mutya11@hotmail.com .. it would help me a lot..

BabieBubski

HSC
No Worries MUTYA.. ill add u on MSN (",)
hahaha... oh..and yeh.. as for that ENGLISH exam..hahaha..YEPS!! Ive already had it.. i wrote about four pages in the space of an hour :) So umm ye... im pretty happy about that..

GUD LUCK WITH EVERYONES ENGLISH EXAMS TOO :) Im sure ull ACE em

jess_tillett

HSC
BabieBubski said:
Aye yo!
Do both of you guys have MSN???
Its takin FOREVER to attach deez documents???
If u do have MSN... it wud be as of GREAT help...
Sorry about this... but i promise its worth it ... soo...*if* u dont have MSN... den, soz... me cants help you... (my dial up is SLOOOOW as and therefore me cants helpz you) SORRY
K...Thanx heaps ::mwa::
Kind Regards,
*~Jo Jo~*
hey can u send me these notes my addy is bumblee_bees@hotmail.com

Nath_88

Hey mate. Try Rabbit Proof Fence. Suggested by our teacher so it must have some merit. It's about the hardships the Aboriginals faced in Australia, much the same as Skryznecki did, being a migrant.
Hope it helps.
Cheers :eek:)

nit

HSC
Btw, Babie, be careful with using such terms as deconstruction - thats a literary movement in its own right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)