Peter Skryznecki + ORT (1 Viewer)

cyko

HSC
hmm
any suggestions people
what would be a good related material
preferably not a film
that i could use to link to "crossing the red sea"?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
um ill give u some advice..........look at the board of studies listing for related material and then dont use any of it.........it lookz betta if u find ur own related material. if rabbit proof fence is still listed then i recommend u dont use it. for crossing the red sea i used the voyage of mathew flinders, fit really well..........i got a booklet from the library in the city, in february though....dunno if they would still have it........but it was from the museum in the library for travelling and famous explorers (btw this was a catalouge)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
FlawlessBassist said:
Hey there,

I was wondering for those that have done or are doing skryzeckis poetry for their AOS, what would be some decent Other Related Texts that i could possibly use and be able to link with Skryzneckis poetry?

Any, Ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
i used seven years in tibet, and the voyage of mathew flinders
others used the book heart of darkness, the lord of the rings, holocaust survivor stories, about shmidt (movie), chocolat (movie)

wanton-wonton

HSC
Nath_88 said:
Hey mate. Try Rabbit Proof Fence. Suggested by our teacher so it must have some merit. It's about the hardships the Aboriginals faced in Australia, much the same as Skryznecki did, being a migrant.
Hope it helps.
Cheers :eek:)
you cant use rabbit proof fence 'cause its already a prescribed text.

nit

HSC
HOD will work well for any sort of journey and journey concept -I used it for the whole year. The hardest thing with HOD is setting up what you're trying to say in terms of what the book is about - it's a dense novella covering a variety of themes, and you'll have to choose themes and techniques carefully. We were lucky this year in that our question allowed us to write on one extra text at least, and so I was able to really focus on HOD, set it up, and deal with the themes in more than simply cursory detail. But yes, it is certainly an extra text worth considering for journeys, simply by virtue of its shear complexity.

Last edited:

Aeolior

HSC
woow nice :p

>< umm BabieBubski, would it also be ok if I can like grab your related texts as well :rolleyes: if thats possible ^^ my e-mail is chaoslegion2004@hotmail.com

Thanks soo much in advance, because finding the related texts seems to be the hardest part. Because, if you find the right text, and it fits in with Skrzynecki neatly, its almost like lighting your way through a cave.

BabieBubski

HSC
LoL.....Wow!! SLOW DOWN GUYS!! I cant help everyone... I mean... im not here to give you a stright deconstruction of *my* notes without ya'll doing a lil bit of reading urselves!!!
As for related material.. The person who is using RABIT PROOF FENCE as your related material..Umm.. i have one thing to say to you... DONT USE IT (",) Im sorry to say... but if your going to use it as your *related material* Theres no point... becuz for the OTHER skools who are actually using it as part of there HSC and have revieweg the film over and over.. they're are more LIABLE to deconstructing techniques (e.g camera shots, word choice, obsticles taken) and etc... Someone else asked for a related materials... ive posted a couple of newspaper artcles sumwhere... not sure where but its SOMEONE on this site!!! Just type up *Reckless Journey* on SEARCH and it should find it for you!!!
Ummm... Anywayz, im going to see Peter Skrzynecki this friday.. I'll try and get point for you guys! Im sure it should help all of you (as well as myself) as it is more reliable then OUR WAY of translating his poems!!
Anyways..Ill post up more info on here! As for now! BEST OF LUCK WITH ENGLISH for all your 05ers (".) Just like me ...hehe (".) YES!!! Im only starting just like all of yous :p
Okay! CYAs!

XxXxXx Jo Jo xXxXxX

sharlaura

HSC
hi all...

we are doing peter skryznecki for aos....can anyone help with notes & ideas that may help me with this...ta muchly

my email is eaglemoocow@hotmail.com if you can help!

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
What do you need help with? Just studying the texts in general or analysis of techniques?

andreja

HSC
o.bi.sess said:
What do you need help with? Just studying the texts in general or analysis of techniques?
both!both!
could i please have help with both?!:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)