Petition For Crime Question (1 Viewer)

Captain Karl

HSC
DarkPrince_87 said:
wasnt necessarily aimed at you, the question was hard and i agree that it was spose to differentiate the band 6's but i believe the dot in the syllabus that referred to this question was minority groups and as you know there are hundreds of examples of these
yeah I agree with that. From memory we did aboriginal minority groups i think as a focus. I dont think they'll be putting in a question like that again, probably just a bit too obscure.

To be honest I dont think this petition will get very far but. They've already taken a course of action and I think the course they've taken is fair (ie reconsidering the marking guideline)

DarkPrince_87

HSC
i dont think the petition will go far at all, but it was in good faith, a course of action probly will be taken and that would be more lenient marking, under no circumstances will they reward full marks

nedzelic

HSC
the bottom line is, anyone who summarised to the syllabus and learnt everything that the syllabus tells you to learn (including the 'themes' and 'key questions') would not have been able to coherantly answer this for full marks. they may have luckily stummbled along it and flooked it and gotten 7 marks. you should be able to look at a question and go 'ok, i need to use this bit of info from here, and this from here...'
the HSC is meant ot test knowledge and appliation there of. and it is the knowledge that the BOS prescribes through it's syllabus. i mean, other wise the BOS could ask for the origins of French Law - now techniqually that comes into the law and society subject under 'the origins...' blahblah.

but the point is it is not meant to be based on luck. and no one can point to the fact that we are meant to learn more that's in the syllabus and engrose oursleves in the course or some bullshit ike that. becasue the course is big enough in itself - coupled with the other 4/5 subjects that you do...it's just enough.

yeah

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
the bottom line is, anyone who summarised to the syllabus and learnt everything that the syllabus tells you to learn (including the 'themes' and 'key questions') would not have been able to coherantly answer this for full marks.
No. Bullshit.
In the syllabus it says you are meant to learn about access to justice issues, so if you were smart you would simply write down every access to justice issue you learnt.

nedzelic

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
No. Bullshit.
In the syllabus it says you are meant to learn about access to justice issues, so if you were smart you would simply write down every access to justice issue you learnt.
whic specific dot point are you referring to -or is it an outcome than if so, which? i believ you that it is there i just must have missed it when i was looking over it

DarkPrince_87

HSC
mayb u shouldnt just study the dot points in the syllabus, total change of heart here i know, i guess i kinda see where BOS is coming from if they had of done it on purpose, if everyone just memorises the dot points it wouldnt be called a test now would it, its just who can remember the most, oh well i had a change of heart but i still think the question was crappy and hard

nedzelic

HSC
ok and fair enough. that is the inherant problem with the HSC in general, isn't it. it is who can remeber the most, however this usually reflects a mix of the students who try the hard and are usually among the smartest
but as soon as you say that you shouldn't be memorising the dot points and information there of, then the syllabus ceases to exist. there is a point to the syllabus - b/c there is no end to the information that is learnable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)