PHAR1811 SydUni BPharm - what is Practical fieldwork requirement (1 Viewer)

okimura1170

HSC
N/A
1. Does each student have to find their own community pharmacy to do the " 4 hours of fieldwork in a community pharmacy are required" ? Or will UniSYD have a list of pharmacies for each student to attend ?
2. Is it just standing around looking at what the pharmacist does, then writing up a report ?
Thanks

From 2010 Pharmacy Handbook
PHAR1811 - Foundations of Pharmacy
Credit points: 6 Teacher/Coordinator: E Sainsbury Session: Semester 1
Classes: 3 x lectures/wk, 1 x 2hr workshop/wk, 1 x 2hr workshop/fortnight
Assumed knowledge: HSC Chemistry Assessment: Individual assignments
(15%), group reports (30%) and final exam (55%)
Practical field work: One class will be held in the dispensing laboratory and 4 hours of fieldwork in a community pharmacy are required

485h324s

HSC
N/A
1. Does each student have to find their own community pharmacy to do the " 4 hours of fieldwork in a community pharmacy are required" ? Or will UniSYD have a list of pharmacies for each student to attend ?
2. Is it just standing around looking at what the pharmacist does, then writing up a report ?
Thanks

From 2010 Pharmacy Handbook
PHAR1811 - Foundations of Pharmacy
Credit points: 6 Teacher/Coordinator: E Sainsbury Session: Semester 1
Classes: 3 x lectures/wk, 1 x 2hr workshop/wk, 1 x 2hr workshop/fortnight
Assumed knowledge: HSC Chemistry Assessment: Individual assignments
(15%), group reports (30%) and final exam (55%)
Practical field work: One class will be held in the dispensing laboratory and 4 hours of fieldwork in a community pharmacy are required
WHat the FFFF why are u doing pharmacy for, gtfo while u can.

but okay

yeah first year is frigging crap man, same as second year. so u just stand around and look at what the pharmacist does, record the pharmacy fast movers(best selling drugs) it says 4 hours, but ull complete it in 15mins. I left after 15mins. And yes u have to find ur own place, a lot of places will reject u. LOL

but sersly. GTFO WHIle U CAN

itsnotmine

HSC
N/A
wow so much hate on pharmacy on this forum... wonder if it's just a select group of individuals who are butthurt about not getting into medicine so they did pharmacy and got a surprise lol

lala2

Banned
HSC
My thread is open for all to see if you haven't had a look yet, itsnotmine. As I've hopefully made clear, it's not because I failed to get into medicine. It's simply pharmacy is too much work for what it's worth, imo. Bear in mind this is only for myself--I can't speak for anyone else.

485h324s

HSC
N/A
wow so much hate on pharmacy on this forum... wonder if it's just a select group of individuals who are butthurt about not getting into medicine so they did pharmacy and got a surprise lol
cuzz... u have to experience this shizz first hand mangg..

and no, most of my cohort HATE pharmacy.. only the people who are butthurt from getting into medicine succeed in this course. and no i am not one of them

danz90

HSC
You have to organise your own placements. Basically just have to do some analysing of the pharmacy, prescriptions, fast movers, dispensary layout etc. Then you collaborate the data with your group and prepare a report on community pharmacy.

itsnotmine

HSC
N/A
cuzz... u have to experience this shizz first hand mangg..

and no, most of my cohort HATE pharmacy.. only the people who are butthurt from getting into medicine succeed in this course. and no i am not one of them
yeah cos you expected to be treated like a mini doctor with 9am-4pm hours every day in an inner metropolitan hospital/retail store. plus you must be unhappy with not earning more than $150k a year

pharmacy is really quite easy to get into, what do you expect?

485h324s

HSC
N/A
yeah cos you expected to be treated like a mini doctor with 9am-4pm hours every day in an inner metropolitan hospital/retail store. plus you must be unhappy with not earning more than $150k a year

pharmacy is really quite easy to get into, what do you expect?
not expecting anything, just saying its SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

do u do pharmacy as well? if u did u wuld noe a pharmacy assistant who dropedout in year 10 culd sufficiently do the job a pharmacists could do. only difference is one went through 4 years of crap and one didnt. LIKE SERIOUSLY. useless knowledge.

yeh i also want to own 5 pharmacy which have 5mill turnover a year each. :D

lala2

Banned
HSC
not expecting anything, just saying its shitttttttttttttttt

do u do pharmacy as well? If u did u wuld noe a pharmacy assistant who dropedout in year 10 culd sufficiently do the job a pharmacists could do. Only difference is one went through 4 years of crap and one didnt. Like seriously. Useless knowledge.

Yeh i also want to own 5 pharmacy which have 5mill turnover a year each. :d
+1.

danz90

HSC
For someone who realises early on in their degree that they don't like Pharmacy, why not just drop out. Don't waste any more of your life studying something you don't want to study.

485h324s

HSC
N/A
For someone who realises early on in their degree that they don't like Pharmacy, why not just drop out. Don't waste any more of your life studying something you don't want to study.
I dont like to study pharmacy, but working in a pharmacy is kinda enjoyable.. my pharmacy does delivery runs to elderly patients who are disabled and cant move out of their house and the patients love u for it :D.. makes me feel like im making a difference.

and also
why drop out, uve wasted 2 years of ur life, might as well continue and try something new after that. i wouldnt want to waste 2 years of studying crap and getting nothing out of it, but thats just me.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I had that conundrum, depending on what you define as early. Realised I didn't like it at the beginning of third year, and by beginning I mean I still had time to drop out without financial or academic penalty (so effectively I was still in second year, if you get my meaning). I decided to stay for the simple fact there was nothing else I could've transferred to that had such "easy" job prospects (what a misconception that was). I figured there were much harder things in life than just being stuck in a degree you hate. Which, I reasoned, was only another painful 2 years anyway.

lala2

Banned
HSC
If you'd shift the current scenario backwards 5 years (i.e. I was a newly graduated pharmacist at that point in time), I would've said yes and no. Yes because employability was very high. No because of the amount of work required, only to find out some 16 year old could easily do what you did. Now, I say no because the employability aspect is gone.

fredlikesred

HSC
Hi, I am first year pharmacy. Starting to think I made a big mistake. I was on the other side, working in industry doing rationale drug design for the last few years. I didn't like the lack of job security. So back at uni has been not how I remembered it.

My question is how do we study for this subject (phar1811). It is so fluffy! I looked for previous exams. Do any previous pharmers know/remember :spin:? Is it short questions or essays?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)