Pharmacy ? (1 Viewer)

nathan94

HSC
So ive been interested in pharmacy for quite a while as i like the field of health and science and i like helping people. But lately ive realised there arent many job opportunites and the course is a bitch from what ive heard. My mum says if i open my own business or franchise a chain retailer like chemist warehouse i would have no problem. But what are the chances of this happening?

My other preferences include radiography and med sciences, anyone have any suggestions ?

pwettigurl

HSC
I was or should I say perhaps am doing pharmacy next year, although there are a number of people who continue to discourage me away from it due to the low job opportunities...
That's exactly what my mum said too lol... But a teacher of mine was telling me that even if u try to do that, it Is quite unlikely seeing as there are a number of pharmacies around lately...so it's quite overrated. I've been interested in pharmacy for a long time and ATM the job opportunities don't sound too appealing....!
My second preference is medical science and I'd probably turn to that if worst comes to worst

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
My mum says if i open my own business or franchise a chain retailer like chemist warehouse i would have no problem. But what are the chances of this happening?
lol i think all of us had this in mind when wanting to study pharmacy
but i wouldnt take the risk, all the good locations wouldve been taken, its usually partnership and u need to fork out $$millions
its not that easy if you just want to open a CWH, i can assure you how many pharmacy owners have wanted to either convert or open a CWH but weren't successful
not to mention you have many future graduates who also have business of openin a chemist of their own

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
finding a job isnt THAT hard. that should be the least of ur worries. there are way more important issues to consider:

1. ur salary will inevitably cap out at ~80k.

2. its gets pretty boring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)