• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Philosophy of Mind/Happiness (1 Viewer)

HSC
Ennaybur said:
edit:btw silver persian, who are YOU?
Yay Only my third BOS sighting ever :)

I was sitting on your left...umm...I'm kind of difficult to describe because I'm fairly normal/boring looking. Brown short hair. A little shorter height-wise than average. Wearing a jumper and jeans.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
Silver Persian said:
Yay Only my third BOS sighting ever :)

I was sitting on your left...umm...I'm kind of difficult to describe because I'm fairly normal/boring looking. Brown short hair. A little shorter height-wise than average. Wearing a jumper and jeans.
did you talk at all?

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
Iheartpaulfrank said:
Good luck with your essay writing.

Help me choose a topic for mine. :)
I'd either do the first or the last, but that's because i know next to nothing about the others.

is moral good? I know someone who's doing moral and happiness and say they overlap a lot so I don't know if it's worth doing it later.

re ben: it better not be :\
I thought it was thurs now.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Nah it's thursday
And Mind is the following week right
........right?

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
yeah monday

i seriously want to take the extra day or something, but I won't work on it thurs night.. and i want to get it over with.

you started ben?

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
In a lot of the texts (like aristotle's and the encyc) they use the phrase 'pleasure is intrinsically good' - I am taking that as a synonym for happiness. That shouldn't be a problem right. I'm pretty sure that's how they mean it but i don't know whether i need to put a qualifying phrase about it in my essay

???

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
in this context it is confusing, because often pleasure, enjoyment, happiness are all used interchangeably. Other times it's important to distinguish between them. But when you're using old texts the meaning of the words has been altered slightly (so aristotle mightbe using it in the same way as happiness... and then the author's just used his word for it)

damnit

HSC
Ennaybur said:
I'd either do the first or the last, but that's because i know next to nothing about the others.

is moral good? I know someone who's doing moral and happiness and say they overlap a lot so I don't know if it's worth doing it later.
Yes I heard they overlap. As far as Moral is concerned, I'd definitely recommend it. Oh and I think i'll do the question on motives.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Ennaybur said:
yeah monday

i seriously want to take the extra day or something, but I won't work on it thurs night.. and i want to get it over with.

you started ben?
Nah have an English thing due tomorrow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)