• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Phone and WIFI (1 Viewer)

balzac

HSC
Hey i have the LG KC910 Renoir phone and am trying to connect to an apple airport express via the phone with wifi, however it continues to fail. I switched the security type to WEP on the airport, but that doesnt work either, wat can i do? thanks

vds700

HSC
What type of wifi is supported by your phone, 802.11a/b/g/n? I'd say most likely b or g. Anyway check what mode your router is set to, if say its set to g only, and your phone only supports b, then it wont connect.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
You're using a mac right, I assume it would be somewhere network connections area. Probably not right, but yeh I don't know shit about Mac's.

balzac

HSC
no im on a PC not a mac, just have the apple airport express for bro ipod touch connection... it works for his

vds700

HSC
I don't know anything about the airport express, but if its like normal routers, to get into the settings, go to the PC connected to the router, and open a web browser and type 192.168.0.1 This should open the routers setup interface. Now have a look around for something like wireless settings (on my router, a D-Link, its under the setup tab). In wireless settings, there should be an option to select what wireless mode you want. If none of this works, apple must have a different setup method, in which case you'll have to have a look at the manual to see how to set it up.

appletoa

HSC
Maybe a bit late for this, it might help:
To change settings on an airport you go to airport utility.
*Skip if you already knew that*
This will be located in Applications>Utilities if you use a Mac, and in Start menu>Programs if you use Windows (maybe in a folder called Apple Software or something). After you open airport utility you select your airport from the side menu and click 'Manual Setup' (at the bottom).
*Start reading again*
To get to the network type you choose the 'Wireless' tab and change the drop down box labelled Radio mode.

However, I'm thinking there is a possibility of other problems, such as MAC address access control. If this is enabled, then devices not specifically listed cannot connect. To check this, again open airport utility, but go to the Access tab. Change the drop down box labelled 'MAC Address Access Control' to Not enabled if it wasn't like that already.
Also, make sure you're entering the pass code correctly (they're case sensitive, so make sure the phone isn't making the first letter uppercase if it shouldn't be).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)