Photography Body of Work Question (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
URGENT - Photography Body of Work Question

Hi Guys, just a question about something....

If I do the board endorsed photography course in year 11, am I or am I not allowed to submit a photography body of work for HSC Visual Arts?

I know you're not allowed to use works produced in one subject in the other, but in my schools subject guide it says-

Visual Arts: Exclusions between Content Endorsed Courses and the Board Developed Visual Arts
Ceramics- Visual Arts Ceramics Body of Work
Furnishing- the furnishing integrated project cannot be used as a Body of Work
PHOTOGRAPHY- VISUAL ARTS HSC PHOTOGRAPHY BODY OF WORK
Visual Design- Products developed cannot be used as a Body of Work in Visual Arts

and in the Photography course section it says-
Photography exclusions: Visual Arts- Photography HSC submitted work

I'm sure I've heard of people doing ceramics and photography in year 11 and submitting a Body of Work in that form in year 12... I am particularly fucked if this is true... but I'm hoping my school has it confused... and that the photography section should say the same as the visual design one (Products developed cannot be used as a Body of Work in Visual Arts)

Anyway, any help would be grately appreciated,
Collette.

Last edited:

bextahunt

etc. etc. etc. said:
Hi Guys, just a question about something....

If I do the board endorsed photography course in year 11, am I or am I not allowed to submit a photography body of work for HSC Visual Arts?

I know you're not allowed to use works produced in one subject in the other, but in my schools subject guide it says-

Visual Arts: Exclusions between Content Endorsed Courses and the Board Developed Visual Arts
Ceramics- Visual Arts Ceramics Body of Work
Furnishing- the furnishing integrated project cannot be used as a Body of Work
PHOTOGRAPHY- VISUAL ARTS HSC PHOTOGRAPHY BODY OF WORK
Visual Design- Products developed cannot be used as a Body of Work in Visual Arts

and in the Photography course section it says-
Photography exclusions: Visual Arts- Photography HSC submitted work

I'm sure I've heard of people doing ceramics and photography in year 11 and submitting a Body of Work in that form in year 12... I am particularly fucked if this is true... but I'm hoping my school has it confused... and that the photography section should say the same as the visual design one (Products developed cannot be used as a Body of Work in Visual Arts)

Anyway, any help would be grately appreciated,
Collette.

Well I know that I had a friend in my photography class who also did art, and well he wanted to do his art major work on photography. HOWEVER he was not allowed to do photography in his major work if he was doing the photography course. Thus this meant he dropped photography for year 12 and did photography as his major work for art. I hope this helps.

Nullachick

HSC
N/A
im inyour year and i have about 10 friends that are doing photography and art in year 12 and we were told that we are aloud to do photography for our major work for photography and art just not the same images... mayby you should go get that checked up not from your school teachers but someone who knows what they are talking about...

soso

HSC
N/A
teachers make mistakes so when in doubt ring the BOS on 9367 8111 and ask for the art consultant.

Stubes

One, Two, Step
HSC
Same deal, i asked around the art teachers and they a say that that if you select to do a photography BOW then you unfortunatly have to drop the photography subject which is bad news, since i havnt filled out any forms.

rightie

lost in suburbia hell
HSC
Yea - i am in year 12 and do Visual Arts and Photography, i am allowed to do photo for my BOW but it cant be the shots that i have used fr my photo prac stuff.

my teacher rang up and got em to check. dnt ask me who she rang up but.
otherwise it is all gud.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)