Photography club @ MQ (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
hmm..

me and mike ([Asy]Lum) have decided that we will created(or established, or run, or whatever) the one and only photography club..in club mac!

now..as most of you know, to be recognised as a club by SAM, we need at least 15 members. Well guess what! WE ONLY NEED 13 NOW!!! :D

so fellas, if you really want to see this club running, PM me or mike with your student ID and name.

We won't be having a stall like IMBG :(, but we promise you, if this club takes off, you guys will be the first ones to benefit

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
As far as we have gathered, its going to be a general sort of photography, ranging from the complete hobbyist to the professional. We will try our best to organise day trips out during weekends and whatnot, hopefully run a few competitions and perhaps try and advertise and get promotion for our members and their works online and offline, in a bid to try and give them as much exposure and credential as we can.

HSC
N/A
What's required of members? ie active participation, $$$.

I'm not hugely interested in the act of photography myself, but figure it's something I should learn more about anyway... *pricks up ears for any more information*

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
What is the <name>?

Basically, its a collective of Macquarie students who are interested in taking photos, whether it be the hobbyist or the professional. We take photos, learn to manipulate/edit them, and hopefully get them published as well as discussing them with other members. Hopefully we'll get some sort of inter-club association and even become somewhat 'unofficial' photographers of Macquarie (and who knows maybe even more). At this stage, we'll probably be looking at expenses and activities as well as securing sponsors (if any) and see how successful that is.

At this stage we're thinking of:

- Photography expeditions and just good days out photographing in different places.
- Provide a dedicated website and forum for discussion and posting of pictures as well as a way of publishing individual works.
- Competitions for shot of the month or something similar, with prizes still being discussed.
- Hopefully, media exposure or publishing of works outside of our club and into magazines, distributions and other avenues.
- An atmosphere which caters for both amateurs and professionals.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You can be the 'face' of it for the chics bro :p

HSC
N/A
One last question.

Will you allow COMPLETE camera noobs to join?

Seriously, all I know about photography is either how to BE in the photo, or how to click the shutter... it's kinda sad...

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
you know me sooo well...

but do you know im serious? dude i was selling golf memberships like hotcakes
same as the snakes you dirtied today

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
:D

UNSW Photography Club is pretty good.

- Tutorial classes to teach users about Photoshop/Post-processing, camera techniques and beginners lessons. Also guides in using a darkroom.
- Discounts on framing, prints and studio discounts.
- Meets every 2 weeks.

Some things that you might consider. If you get things up and running we can merge on social gatherings.

I'm still considered a Macquarie student to the Uni so I can sign up too. Or be on the board too if you need someone, i don't mind as I'm only doing 1 science subject which gives me plenty of time to spend on other activities.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
em... did you transfer or something?
Yeah.

It would be a good idea to have joint events to boost numbers and overall activity of both clubs.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
UNSW Photo group went to Coogee beach for a sunrise shoot. It would of been so inconvient for me to have to wake up at 4am to get there :p

It will also be fdifficult to gather members post-OWeek

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
SuGa BunI =D said:
i was looking for the link to your deviantart account :p
Oh I dont update that anymore. I'm still a staff member on the Photography channel though but yeah... I cant be bothered to upload photos.

I can put it up if you want.

^___^
HSC
glitterfairy said:
One last question.

Will you allow COMPLETE camera noobs to join?

Seriously, all I know about photography is either how to BE in the photo, or how to click the shutter... it's kinda sad...
of course!
everyone is a noob to start off with, the club is there to help ppl out, and enjoy the fun of photography

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
... said:
We won't be having a stall like IMBG :(, but we promise you, if this club takes off, you guys will be the first ones to benefit
I know it's late for a stall but I think a lot of people would be interested. It is a club that would have a high demand. If you did have a stall i am sure you would have got a lot of people signing up, so if there is somewhere you can advertise this week while everyone is in the o-week spirit you should do it.

edit: when we started uni there were lots of clubs to join, is it just me or have they slowly disappeared? the only ones left seem to be the religious, sporting and very few other ones.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)