Photos for enrolment (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

Phanatical said:
I can't believe that even in 2006, we're still stuck with paper student cards.
You've been promising us plastic cards for 06 all semester. What happened? I can't vote for someone who only makes empty promises. :p

I rarely use my student card and don't care too much, but it would be nice to have something a bit more professional. Even my high school had plastic cards.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I can't do anything if you people won't vote for me! Of course, now you can join the ISA and the call for better student cards. www.ourbloodysrc.com.

By the end of last year, most of my friends' cards had fallen apart. They don't just sit in your wallet - for those of us who actually study we use them in the library all the time. Also, there is a huge potential for fraud. It's too easy to just stick another person's photo on top of the existing one and laminate it again if you wanted somebody else to sit your exams for you. Many places also consider most university student cards a valid form of identification, but the USYD card is not because of its easily forged nature.

The benefits of smart cards should be reason enough for their adoption, but it's exacerbated further by the shortcomings of our current format cards.

SeDaTeD

HSC
Well when I went to the RTA a while ago I tried to use it as a student id card but they said it's just a library borrower's card.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
then you could have said 'no. it actually is a student id card. usyd cards act as id cards, concession cards and library cards. kthxbi'. and they wouldve said "oh, sorry. you're right. a library card wouldnt have your photo, your course codes and a Public Transport Hologram thing. Neither would it say qutite clearly: '2005 Student Card'

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
And the RTA would have said that the card could not be used as a valid form of identification, because it's too easily forged. Hell, I've got an old student card with my advisor's photo on it. The only thing that makes it look fake is the fact that it's a female picture next to a male's name.

SeDaTeD

HSC
Well, didn't matter for me since I had other ID with me. Just that a hard plastic one would look more 'legit'.

franklin265

HSC
Silver Persian said:
Do they have to be proper, passport/school photo style photos, or can they be scungy homemade shots?
i just printed of a scungy homemade one for todays enrolment. it's a tad pixelated - not that bad - but oh well.

bugs

i just got one w/my digi and printed at the chemist - u know one of those wallet photos - n i just snipped it down to size! - it was like only $1.60 for 6 !! :D
beats paying $10 !

A

adamsaclown

so what happens with continuing students? Do they send us a blank student card (after we pay our fees), onto which we have to stick a photo, and then take to one of the lamination points at uni?

HSC
N/A
I love it how we get to chose which photo we want on our ids. I hated those ones we had at high school with our ugly school photos on em. Aww, I feel all grown up *but am clearly not*.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Yeh it's still the same with the "access" card, the operator didn't allow me to check how it turned out and printed out the card straight away.
Come to think of it I looked like a suicide bomber :|

Oh well i'm now in the draw for an iPod shuffle (yay! not)

niteshade1312

HSC
I was really happy we got to choose our own photos, despite the fact that I look very young in this particualr shot. Nevertheless my access card is fantastic because I have a really dark tan as opposed to the lighter skin i have in my id card..hehe

jellybeenz

HSC
I like the fact that we get to choose our own photos as well... i mean where else would allow me to have a photo of me drinking a can of coke on my id card?

Also this year I have a photo that features me wearing a rather distracting beanie, its still my face but you can't see all of my hair.... do you reckon they'll let me have it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)