phys1231 (1 Viewer)

ls03020430

HSC
anyone doing phys1231 tomorrow? any thoughts on the past papers? am i screwed for finding those papers hard lool..?

Web Addict

HSC
Yeah, I'm finding the past papers pretty challenging.

Some of the formulas they used in the solutions came out of nowhere or it's a random one we saw in the lectures that isn't on the formula sheet.

Dan895

HSC
Uni Grad
Hoping to end up with a distinction, I think it'll come close. The exam was easier than I anticipated.

Thoughts people?

Web Addict

HSC
Hoping to end up with a distinction, I think it'll come close. The exam was easier than I anticipated.

Thoughts people?
I thought that it was pretty hard.

Also, since when was there so much theory in a PHYS exam?

ls03020430

HSC
yea that's what i thought.. there were barely any calculations involved lol. hoping for a pass..

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
It was way too wordy in terms of answers. First 60 marks were too long.

Might scrape a HD if I'm lucky. Felt I did alright.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Deriving the Cylindrical capacitor was gg
Yeah I got something wrong in my expression before integrating*. Pretty much Q2 and Q3 I stuffed up and might get half the marks for those two.

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
wat? how?

I admit; Q5 was a bit tl;dr and inb4Imadeasillymistake but the rest of the exam was good
If you are actually talking like that then expect a 90+ for higher phys. If you are doing just 1121 then probs 80+

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
srs? nahh no way

I know they mark slightly skewed a little easier but no way it goes up by that much
its higher lol....

I'm pretty sure I gged my exam and got something like minimum 55 (obviously had to be above 60 though that I passed) to maximum 80/120 after marking, while expecting a 68/120, but I ended up getting roughly a scaled 85/120.

If we have the same beastly scaling this semester for higher 1b, then I have nothing to worry about lol. Not sure though...

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
its higher lol....

I'm pretty sure I gged my exam and got something like minimum 55 (obviously had to be above 60 though that I passed) to maximum 80/120 after marking, while expecting a 68/120, but I ended up getting roughly a scaled 85/120.

If we have the same beastly scaling this semester for higher 1b, then I have nothing to worry about lol. Not sure though...
yeah it's higher but there's like 5 extra questions in it and that's really it; It can't be scaled that much

some people on the facebook group were talking to Dr Elizabeth after the exam and apparantely she said something along the lines of we try to pass everyone but also make it fair for everyone else (cannot confirm; they may be snaking?)

1B looks gg. There was someone in seadu doing the paper as well and I thought he was going to cry after the exam lel

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
yeah it's higher but there's like 5 extra questions in it and that's really it; It can't be scaled that much

some people on the facebook group were talking to Dr Elizabeth after the exam and apparantely she said something along the lines of we try to pass everyone but also make it fair for everyone else (cannot confirm; they may be snaking?)

1B looks gg. There was someone in seadu doing the paper as well and I thought he was going to cry after the exam lel
Its only 20 marks on top. But those 20 marks get good scaling afterwards.

By try to pass, they mean they scavenge a few marks here and there where they can (so they probs mark nicely if you did badly).

1B is a good course though. The paper was alright. Special was completely gg though. Some kid next to me in the exam took a lot more time to think than actually write and he just couldn't write out much. Meanwhile I'm madly writing down struggling to finish in time (A lot of people found it a really really long paper, longer than it ever should have been made...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)