Physical Journey....... (1 Viewer)

Tess18

HSC
Im seriously struggling :( I have an assessment task on physical journey.... as you all probably have.
I was wondering if anyone knows of any gr8 poems regarding physical journey? And any gr8 pics/paintings for physical Journey?

Lyrics- i was going to do time of your life by green day...... as i think it can b interpreted in 2 ways.

And a poem, im really unsure about as i cannot do anything in which we have done in class.
For the visual part i was going to do shrek, and still uncertain for a painting or photograph.

It would b a gr8 help if anyone could help me out on this one.
Thanx

s0k0y0e0

HSC
For physical journey I used the lyrics of "Into the West" sung by Annie lennox on the "Lord of the Rings" soundtrack -> I thought it was good; and quite easy to disect and talk about... :uhhuh: :)

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Leunig has some really good cartoons that relate really well to physical journey. I used one for my essay- unfortunately I can't remember what it's called, but it has Mr Curly and a potato wagon.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
miss_gtr said:
mr curly and the potato wagon? is that the title...thats the one that goes "mr curly transports the wayfaring pilgrims away.." ohh thats the title, cuz im doing a stimulus booklet and ive been calling it mr curly transports the wayfaring pilgrims away..
Yes, that's the one I'm talking about.. but I don't know what it's called. Is it in the stimulus booklet? Well, anyway.. I have some notes on it if anyone would like.

dead

HSC
yes plz, im in need of a text that is visual and this leunig cartoon sounds good.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
here.. there's some skrzynecki notes, road not taken, leunig and my other text there as well.

Tess18

HSC
Hey steph,

do u know of any gr8 lyrics dat represent a physical journey?....... i was goin 2 do time of ur life by green day do u think it represents a physical journey??? confused!!! i think its a inner journey after reading it over n over again.

Tess18

HSC
Hey does anyone,know where i can get the poem Drive in the country by Peter Skrzynecki??? i need the actual poem to make reference to it!!! for the assignment!!.....

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Um.. there's heaps in the related texts thread, from the top of my head I remember looking at..

She's Leaving Home - Beatles
Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall - Bob Dylan (I actually used this as a related text for a while)
Homeward Bound - Simon and Garfunkel
Space Oddity - David Bowie.

The idea is to get lyrics that related to physical journey, but are also full of techniques like metaphors, alliteration etc etc. Hard Rain's pretty good in that sense. Just look them up on google and write down as many points as you can on each and compare it to what you have for Time of Your Life and then decide. Above all, you have to make sure it relates to physical journey and not just journey in general (although the more you study it, the more you realise that inner journey and physical journey are linked).

Tess18

HSC
kool, thanks i tink i will just stick with time of your life coz it links to both inner n physical journey.....

Do u know where i can get the poem Drive in a country?

Jaydels

HSC
Tess18 said:
Im seriously struggling :( I have an assessment task on physical journey.... as you all probably have.
I was wondering if anyone knows of any gr8 poems regarding physical journey?
Thanx
i used Because I Could not Stop for Death by Emily Dickinson and Journey of the Magi by T.S Eliot
they relate to physical journeys really well

haru

HSC
steph@nie said:
Yes, that's the one I'm talking about.. but I don't know what it's called. Is it in the stimulus booklet? Well, anyway.. I have some notes on it if anyone would like.
Do you have the link to that specific leunig cartoon?
I might consider doing it for my related text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)