Physics and Biology or Chemistry and Biology?? (1 Viewer)

Dolfingerpie

HSC
Hi
I'm just trying to figure out which of the three sciences I should pick (just like everyone else:))
We've finished the topic on DNA (which is our bio topic) and I've got a score of 7th in the grade. Also, my physics mark is 11th.
The thing is, we're doing a chemistry topic right now and my teacher really recommends+wants me to do chemistry. I picked up ideas about the chemical equations really easily and I've never had a wrong answer in class work.
I'm thinking of sitting for UMAT and getting into medicine and I checked the 'assumed knowledge' section and it says English and Phys, Chem, and Bio are all in the category.
I don't really mind any science but what do you think will benefit my future studies as a med student?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Chem and Phys, or Chem and Bio, or all three. But chem is a must

blackbird_14

HSC
Hi
I'm just trying to figure out which of the three sciences I should pick (just like everyone else:))
We've finished the topic on DNA (which is our bio topic) and I've got a score of 7th in the grade. Also, my physics mark is 11th.
The thing is, we're doing a chemistry topic right now and my teacher really recommends+wants me to do chemistry. I picked up ideas about the chemical equations really easily and I've never had a wrong answer in class work.
I'm thinking of sitting for UMAT and getting into medicine and I checked the 'assumed knowledge' section and it says English and Phys, Chem, and Bio are all in the category.
I don't really mind any science but what do you think will benefit my future studies as a med student?
Probably chemistry and biology. I don't really see how physics would come into med but someone correct me if I'm wrong! Chemistry does have a lot more maths than I anticipated esp.when you learn moles, but otherwise it's alright. Bio is getting a bit boring with evolution, but I hear it's better in year 12

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
If you need to pick 2 sciences, my suggestion is: Chemistry and Biology.

esidarap

HSC
N/A
Choose chemistry and physics as the Year 11 biology course is really dry apparently. Also, biology doesn't scale that well compared to chemistry and physics.

zhertec

HSC
Chemistry > Biology or Physics in terms of the syllabus and overall personal experience :3

Biology > Physics if you like to remember really long intricate concepts and dislike calculations (albeit there is a very small amount of them still i.e. punnet squares....but yea just squares...).

Physics > Physics if you like some calculations, and some really interesting concepts that answers some of your wonders in chemistry e.g. in depth understanding of why metals conduct etc. I personally felt that phys was more related to chem than biology, and more interesting in terms of its concepts.

EDIT: But since you are aiming for med and health sciences, go with biology, it will help more than physics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)