• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Physics and Chemistry Help needed (1 Viewer)

NizDiz

HSC
Hi guys, Can anyone help on how to memories the whole syllabus for Physics and particularly Chemistry?? I've always tried to Read-Understand-Memorize but I struggle to memorize both syllabuses to the full, especially Chemistry.
When I did and still currently do past papers of trial, hsc and other (workbook etc.), I cant get everything into my head and I only seem to have vague ideas across most topics and when I write it down on paper, this seems to be reflected. What am I doing wrong? What should I do? I've asked teachers and students but they just simply say practice, but that hasn't got me anywhere. How much time should I spend on this?

andybandy

HSC
If you truly understand the concepts it just becomes natural, but what the teachers say are right, practice, and if you get it wrong while practicing, your more than likely not gonna do the same mistake again

BagOFyarn

HSC
Go through syllabus dotpoints. They usually tend to give more confidence/motivation to students since they have a direction. At this point, you should maybe read a module each night to refresh certain concepts and target dotpoints which you feel are weak (or weaker at).

Hope this helps

HSC
This late in the year, what you should do is LOOK AT PAST PAPERS.

You will find that there are some common types of questions that keep coming up...

At the end of the day, the whole point of Physics/Chemistry is BEING ABLE TO WRITE AN ANSWER...

My Advice: Do questions, and answer them by finding answers in the book. Soon, that stuff will just stick to your mind...so basically just learn how to answer questions.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Don't memorise, it won't help you apply the content to attain higher marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)