Physics and Chemistry (1 Viewer)

HSC
So these two are my last exams...and I really need to get Band 6's in these two if I am to have any shot at my ATAR aim of 92.

So what tips can people give me for these two subjects? (even though I only expect about 2 people to reply to this thread.)

Go through book or do past papers?

How are people planning to go about this?...

Last edited:

Frie

Wannabe Inventor
HSC
Practise questions, that way you can grasp a better understanding of what you can and cannot answer. If you do not know how to answer a question, you can still go back and revise necessary content. Just going through the book right now alone, you might cover stuff you already know, and waste a bit of time, instead you should do questions and figure out where to go from there.

That's my advice.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Have you memorized the syllabus?

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
No.

I know most of the course content though...(most)
I reckon you should spend more time making sure you have an answer for every dot point in the syllabus, because they can all come up. Much more beneficial than doing past papers imo.

darkness70

HSC
Revise notes (make sure covered all of syllabus), and then past papers. It's all about how well you can apply your knowledge to the questions (For chem there's more rote learning, while physics is actually 'applying')

Edved

Shoe
HSC
Yeah man, best thing to do with any subject is to know the syllabus off by heart. My tutor always reminded me, "Every HSC question is a dot point in disguise" (This accounts for every subject, not just physics), and it is so true. That basically means if you do at least the past 10 years HSC papers for practice and have looked at legitimate HSC style responses, you have already learnt nearly all of the syllabus. Also doing past papers will give experience at answering in a proper HSC style. I simply prefer write in dot points. Thats the best advice i reckon you need.

cheezburga

HSC
Do you need band 6 for all of your 10 units to get an ATAR of 90+? If that's the case I'm screwed.:alone:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)