Physics Nightmare (1 Viewer)

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
i agree, which is why i so much prefer chemistry, because physisc is just rote learning and memorising mainly, other than the equations and maths involved.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
DeanM said:
as much as i enjoy physics, and it is my best subject, i do agree with Dumsum... we are only told the facts and are expected to memorise how it and accept it.
take the BCS theory : i can write down what my text books say, but i have no idea HOW it works, and WHY it works...
Dean, (love the name) feel free to attempt postgraduate mathematics and quantum field theory at your leisure. The rest of us have the HSC to study for...

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Both physics and chem are watered down. It seems as though they're being used to condition us and help us develop a social conscience. Meh, at least the concepts in physics are interesting to think about.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
yeah jfunk....if you understood some of them, it might help and improve one's thinking into the topic..

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I'm hoping for a band 6, but modern study might push me to high band 5, meh we'll see

香港!

HSC
Dumsum said:
I mean it's as if they're teaching us just a shell of what there is to know. "Here's this, accept it at face value" without any real proof of what's going on. My teacher used to tell us about how 'back in the day' physics actually required mathematical ability, not ability to memorise answers on the issues surrounding science and politics.

Basically what I mean is, there's no guts to the course. They teach us E = mc^2, and that's it. A few months ago I watched a dramatised documentary explaining how this formula came about, and I was absolutely fascinated. Instead, the HSC course just gives it to us.
hahaha that is sooo true
Physics is stupid and boring nowadays, it's full of crap.
Why can't they make two seperate courses, like a Physics (Professional) and a Physics (Rote Learning), both 2unit courses but separate where the Pro course is "real" physics and the other is like it is now lolz!!

rama_v

HSC
rnitya_25 said:
i agree, which is why i so much prefer chemistry, because physisc is just rote learning and memorising mainly, other than the equations and maths involved.
Chem is like 10 times more rote learning than physics
Seriously, you could have very little chemistry knowledge and ace the exam if you memorised enough answers

Last edited:
HSC
rama_v said:
Chem is like 10 times more rote learning than physics
Seriously, you could have very little chemistry knowledge and ace the exam if you memorised enough answers
Damn straight. I don't know much about chem but 80% of it is comprehension. I should (hopefully) be fine for the exam just by reading summarised notes.

o0_jolie_0o

HSC
ARGHHHHHH............. *physics nightmare* ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH

hmmz although I'm not extremely bad at physics... still arghhhhh.... too much thinking

GOODLUCK EVERYONE!!!

*cries* can't believe I'm studying on my 18th birthday

my last exam.... *sighs*

rcandelori

At least physics has a remote degree of interest....I have to study for economics on my 18th. How utterly pathetic!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)