These are my definite subjects for yr11:
1.2 unit mats
2.Standard English
3.Biology
4.Business Studies
5.Photography which I'll drop in yr 12
6.SOR 1
7. Physics or Chemistry

I'm really confused which one to pick, people say physics is really hard and so is chemistry, like for one of the chemistry exams for yr 10 i got 30/55 and i tried hard for that one, so does that mean i would do OK for chemistry in yrs 11 & 12and then the physics test which i done recently and didn't really study for, seemed to be OK but i haven't got my mark yet.

Should i do physics if im doing 2 unit maths? Would i struggle in yrs 11&12? and out of the both i find physics more interesting over chemistry. My current science rank for 1st semester of school is 61/225 so am i able to do chemistry or physics is my rank good enough?

Thanks
Thanks.

Last edited:

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Look at your requirements for uni or future but tbh i think you should do chem. Its so much more enjoyable and the content is enjoyable

MilkyCat_

HSC
In my opinion they're both difficult and enjoyable, but as you find physics more interesting, I'd say choose physics :)

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Personally, I have enjoyed chem more than physics - not due to the difficulty of either course, but simply because I find the content more interesting (generally). However, if you enjoy physics significantly more than chem, then I'd suggest sticking with physics.

mrpotatoed

HSC
To spice it up a bit and make your decision harder I really like physics and hate chemistry. Generally I've found that if you have a good memory you will do well in chemistry, if you are good conceptually you will do well in physics. If you can get your head around the concepts in physics, it will be a breeze. I think that generally if you are good at maths you will be good at physics. (Although the phy course does have a fair bit of memorising large chunks in some areas).

theduckforces

HSC
N/A
I did both physics and chem in year 11, absolutely loved physics and hated chem. I dropped chem in year 12 cAuse it was too confusing and i dreaded going to class. Physics in my opinion is just rote learning once you get the basic concepts down. And as for the maths, you get a formula sheet and its just sub and calculate majority of the time. I have heard that many people absolutely love chemistry, but this is my personal opinion. Also if you thinking of heading into an engineering or science related course in uni, then i suggest you do both or at least physics. Goodluck :)

photastic

HSC
Really depends which one you enjoy but also which one you're good at. Tbh, I hated both chemistry and physics but found physics easier since it was easier to rote learn than chemistry because I felt for chemistry you needed to actually understand a few sections whereas physics felt like they recycled questions but that was me, wasn't interested in science.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)