physics prac exam- space (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
hey all those phys people out there...i need your help!

we have a prac exam for our trials and the topic to be tested will be space.
so they'll probably ask students to carry out an experiment; writing methods; doing actual expeiment; recording results etc.

i was wondering if you guys have done any thing similar to this and the type of experiments that you think they'll ask students to carry out.

help will be greatly appreciated!

painkiller

HSC
We had the space topic as a practical assessment.

One experiment we had to perform was the pendulum experiment (refer to 9.2.1) and we also had quite a bit of process questions involving graphs and stroboscopic photo (a photo which takes a picture of the motion of an object at set time intervals).

The space topic itself doesn't have a lot of pracs, so there's a chance it's those above.

HSC
N/A
velox said:
we had the same one except it was only the pendulum

the thing is that we've already doen the pendulum one at school (normal school pracs) ..so i don't think they'll ask the same question.

any other suggestions???

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
We did the pendulum in class then they asked us to do the pendulum for our prac exam. That's pretty much the only prac (from what I remember) which is viable for examination purposes.

HSC
N/A
thanks for all your help!

i am just scared that they'll ask us to do some projectile motion thing with complex calculations and stuff.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
projectile questions are easy once you break down the question into little sections. and you're given the formulas so there's no need to remember shit.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Something on projectiles for an exam isn't viable. Things flying everywhere and whatnot... not exactly examination conditions :p

HSC
N/A
yeh...i agree...maybe not projections..

so what else is there besides pendulum...i am positive the teachers won't make us do it...

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
process question. i don't there is much apart from pendulum, unless there were to do the inertial one, but i fail to see how they can ask a decent question from that. all they be able to test is method/result

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)