Physics Practical, suck at them need help :) (1 Viewer)

jack12456

HSC
N/A
So basically all practicals i have ever done have ended up with bad results, im reasonably good with tests but for some reason suck at practicals, probably because i don't know how to study for them and end up making stupid mistakes. We have a 1.5 hour practical during our trial period and in order for me to have a chance at a band 5 or 6 in physics i can't afford to screw it up. So i thought if i post the notification that the school gave me, some of you smart people could guide me on how to prepare and blitz this practical, some of you may have even done something similar before. Any way enough talk, here is the notice.

Practical Assessment 1.5 hours:

This will involve an activity measuring the current and pd in an external circuit to determine the characteristics of a power pack. A set of instructions will be given on how to use and plot the data. Knowledge of Ohm’s Law will be required. You will be asked to interpret the data obtained from the experiment through a series of questions.

Additionally, you should revise the graphing techniques and conventions, including evaluation of the gradient/intercepts, their units units and what physical quantities they would represent in the equation given for the experiment.
Graphs must be plotted in pencil.

so obviously i should study ohm's law but the main problem i think will be interpreting the data and they always seem to ask questions like how can you manipulate the variables on the graph to give you useful information?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)