Physics Students 2005 (1 Viewer)

jess_tillett

HSC
hey...some one posted in the physics exam thoughts for '05 physics students to talk bout how they think theyre goin with the course and to post ne harder questions or what theyre having trouble with and everyone can learn form it, i thought it was a good idea so lets start one up in the right place.:)

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
I think that's a great idea. We've been given lots of excersises to do, so i'll post up the questions i can't do soon...

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
grrrrrrrrrrrr, that's unfair---we've got too many

jess_tillett

HSC
yea

yea everybody post notes and questions n stuff.:):)and if u have worked answers post them to...i will send some in anytime soon just got 2 make sure there correct! also it would be greatly benificial if everyone helps to make summaries of each point on the syllabbus....like as u do one post it then everyone can benifit and share summaries for revision for the HSC!!! most of the questions questions are derived completely from these points and it would give everyone a different aspect on how everyone is being taught stuff diferently!:)

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
when the time comes, i'll contribute to Quanta and Quarks... our teacher is a HSC marker for that topic... so yeah... till then....!!! AHHH HSC SUCKS

Aeolior

HSC
hehe, I'll help as well ^^ in class of 2005 as well..

My teacher is like the head teacher of science dep, but all he does each lesson is copy stuff out from jacaranda's physics 2 book.. even taking a day off, and reading the book I can learn more stuff than him.. XD and he depends on videos to teach us.. he was like.. couldnt even understand the special theory of relativity..

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Aeolior said:

My teacher is like the head teacher of science dep, but all he does each lesson is copy stuff out from jacaranda's physics 2 book.. even taking a day off, and reading the book I can learn more stuff than him.. XD and he depends on videos to teach us.. he was like.. couldnt even understand the special theory of relativity..
Do you fully understand the special theory of relativity? You might know the basics, but it is hard and difficult indeed Sir Arthur Eddington one of the first to fully understand when told that there only 3 people who fully understood it, asked who is the third. (NB: May not be entirely true, but it gets the point across)

Last edited:

Helstar87

HSC
Xayma said:
Do you fully understand the special theory of relativity? You might know the basics, but it is hard and difficult indeed Sir Arthur Eddington one of the first to fully understand when told that there only 3 people who fully understood it, asked who is the third. (NB: May not be entirely true, but it gets the point across)
xxx
Na I think special relativity is just going to be one of those things that I learn but don't full understand.... It's a hard concept especially how time and distance are realtive and NOT constant and the speed of light being the only thing that is

Helstar87

HSC
Aeolior said:

Do you want me to post sum of the stuff about special relativity my teacher told me? It may help. He's a really really awesome teacher and has a way of explaining stuff well...

Helstar87

HSC
hil87 said:
yea everybody post notes and questions n stuff.:):)and if u have worked answers post them to...i will send some in anytime soon just got 2 make sure there correct! also it would be greatly benificial if everyone helps to make summaries of each point on the syllabbus....like as u do one post it then everyone can benifit and share summaries for revision for the HSC!!! most of the questions questions are derived completely from these points and it would give everyone a different aspect on how everyone is being taught stuff diferently!:)
That sounds like a really good idea!

HSC
we've finished the topic but there's this projectile motion qu'n that our teacher gave us for a challenge...and he was damn right! i think he likes to see us squirm.
An object is launched at 50 degrees and travels 400m, what's the initial velocity?
Gah how the hell should i know, u stupid question?! don't think its vital to learn but was wondering if anyone could show me how to go about it? Cheers :cool:

Jaydels

HSC
This only works if the 400m is the horizontal distance traveled:

ux= u cos theta

where ux is the horizontal distance and u is the initial velocity

Assasinator_2

HSC
if i get bored later on, i'll go dig up my physics exercise books from school, and pull out all the question sheets i had

though i'll post it in general physics, because it'll contain electromag, kinematics, etc.

kevmanbob

hey guys, this is my first ever post!
I'm doing physics by distance ed, and its going pretty good so far cept that it is pretty hard to get motivated to do my work without a teacher lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)