Physics teacher [Hills/Parra] 4yrs exp.. $30/hr (1 Viewer)

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
HSC Tutoring

Year 12 Physics (Starting Term 4, 2010) in the Hills district, or surrounding suburbs or in the vicinity of Parramatta

About me / Experience:

My name is Chris, I am in my 4th year of teaching Physics in a Western Sydney High School in the Blacktown area.

I am currently tutoring 13 students (7x Year 12 students and 6x Year 11 students) from a range of schools, including James Ruse, Baulkham Hills High, Fort Street and Kings.

My year 12 students are obviously finishing up in October, so I would like to offer 2 places to people wanting/needing to be tutored in Year 12 Physics, starting Term 4, 2010. The only option I teach is Quanta to Quarks. [Quantum Physics FTW!]

I only have 2 free spaces as I am concurrently completing my MBA whilst teaching and need 2days/week to attend university lectures and tutorials (as yet, i am unsure which days i will be available.. most likely it would be either Tuesday or Wednesday)

I have tutored from 2002-2006, then took a break 2007-2008. Have been tutoring since 2009 again and have provided tutoring to over 50 students in my time as a tutor.

• Physics (to 35 students)
  • Chemistry (to 7 students)
  • Maths (Gen to Ext 2) (to 8 students)
  • Economics (to 3 students)
During this time I have tutored several band 6 students, in Physics i have also provided tutoring to four state ranking students (not a bad strike rate!) and will provide you with the notes which I used with them and hopefully help you achieve some excellent results!

All of my current students have been with me for the duration of their respective courses, however I have had to withdraw my services from one student this year due to their lack of commitment.

I am an extremely dedicated tutor/teacher, but I do expect commitment from all my students. I believe that a large portion of your understanding comes from the effort and work which you put in outside of class time, under examination conditions. I have always been a firm believer of this and I believe my students results (well, the committed ones ;)) reflect this.

Session Info ( + reasons why you need me ;) ):

• Sessions will be run out of your home, 1-on-1 and generally last for 90 minutes, at a price of $45.

• If you want to get tutored with a friend or two, then prices will be reduced.

• You tell me how you want the sessions run (I usually use my uber summaries and I have arranged 40-50 past trial papers in order of syllabus dot points, so you get a complete set of typical questions in your homework booklets, which i mark and give you feedback weekly)

• Seeing as I am actually a teacher, I also have access to a wide range of materials to help you with assignments and practicals.

• What i really focus on is understanding the underlying concepts and particularly how each Board of Studies key verbs needs to be answered in order to maximise your marks

• My notes are straight to the point and have weeded out all the extra (i.e., irrelevant and will never be assessed in any examination) information which all textbooks contain.

• Even if you are already a top student, there are still examination techniques whichyou need to be familair with to maximise your marks and simple templates should be followed for each type of question

• I am quite a random person.. i do try to make the sessions enjoyable, sometimes i succeed. :headbang:

Other Info:
We should spend 7-8 weeks on each topic, which will give us time to revise for half yearly exams and at least 6-8 weeks to revise for the HSC examination.

WE DO NOT TAKE BREAKS DURING THE HOLIDAYS!!!!! (except a couple weeks over Christmas/New Years)

Covering a course, which you generally have around 5 hours a week for in school, in 1.5 hours during our sessions, will mean that a great deal of the problem solving and exam type material will need to be completed at home, in the homework booklets which I will issue each week. As I said, i expect these to be completed as I don't want you wasting your time with me and I don't want your parents wasting their money.

PM me or reply in this thread if you are interested or have any questions

Cheers
-Chris

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)