• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Physics Teachers (1 Viewer)

69^boi

HSC
N/A
i didnt any science for hsc, but there are others ways around it
-gettin a tutor
-buying a few textbook
-forming study groups

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
geezer said:
Are all of them shite, does anyone else have a physics teacher who knew/knows nothing.
i know how u feel, however my physics teacher is smart but dont know how to teach the class for shit, she expect us to know what we're doing, i guess she expect us to study and know ur stuff before coming to class.
because of the teacher i was pissed off coz found it difficult what shes saying/teaching.. actually dont know if she did teach that much in class, i remember she was talking about non-physics stuff -_-"
since i didnt know anything in class, i dropped physics, hating the teacher lost my motivation.
but if you still have the motivation to study physics (who cares abt the teacher), just self-study, go tutoring etc, etc..

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
My year 11 physics teacher was brilliant. But he wasn't allowed to teach us the next year, as he was writing the exam paper, so we got this incompetent, senile old man who Knew a lot of stuff, but couldn't teach it for shit. Nice man, but it wasn't helping our physics. Luckily the other teacher (also brilliant) agreed to let students sit in on his classes, then eventually agreed to teach all three physics classes (of 24 each).

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
My year 11 teacher was also good but unfortunately not qualified to teach hsc physics. Like many, hsc physics teacher was crap for me

tennille

HSC
My teacher knew heaps but he taught in a way that didn't suit me.

cyko

HSC
i got a pretty good physics teacher
like a uni lecturer
although he won't be teaching me for the hsc as hes transferring to another school
so i'm outta like .. hopefully we get a good replacement teacher .. if not
i will rely on my jacaranda physics book. lol

S

Shuter

My physics teacher was very very poor. Aside from not knowing anything and making very basic mistakes frequently, he was also a collosal ass of a person and was a danger to himself and others. He mildly electrocuted himself twice as well as numerous other very stupid events.

However, my dad is a physics teacher who retired last year and he is very good (all his students would say so). However I never asked him for virtually any help throughout the year.

alexialight

HSC
My physics teacher was horrible! If he didnt' know the answer to our questions, he wouldn't bother to look it up, he'd just make up an answer (seriously). So we'd all go through the year believing everything he taught us - all of the wrong things that is. Thank God for the advice line which straightened everything up. Me: "umm, this may sound like a stupid question, but DC motors use DC current, right?" -- a question i asked the HSC advice line because my teacher said it used AC current *rolls eyes* Also, after every exam we did there were a ton of errors he made in the marking so i'd have to spend ages explaining to him why the answer which 90% of the class got was right, and why he was wrong! ughh so frustrating!

nomz

my physics teacher was great at doing random pracs such as letting off illegal rockets... however was not so good at actually teaching us the stuff we needed to know... consequently our class all stuffed the hsc...

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i had a shocking physics teacher in year 11.
i had to drop the subject because of him!!!
he didn't teach at all, instead just sent everyone to the library and told them to learn it themselves.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
lol, we have two physics teachers at our school.
both ph.Ds, we tried out this new guy (1st time teaching high school phys in 10 years)
he is a proff actually, says he's taught at the masters level. he's teaching coz he's retired or something, he looks 50 years old.
the 1st guy probably didnt like his job at lucas heights as an atomic physicist so continued teaching at our school. :)

well, they are happy being teachers, and we're happy too!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
My teacher knew his stuff. I just didn't like the way he taught. And our personalities clashed. I lost motivation and dropped it.

HSC
This is close but I had a Biology teacher who knew absolutely nothing so our class was split into two classes. Someone in her class asked what "behavioural" meant, she told her "it's somehting to do with the animal's behaviour". Simple, I think so! :cool:

budj

HSC
Slide Rule said:
My teacher knew his stuff. I just didn't like the way he taught. And our personalities clashed. I lost motivation and dropped it.
hear hear. yeah sames. Our teacher was good with the descriptive social english part of it, but when it came to the maths part, lol

dangerousdave

HSC
My physics teacher was an idiot who just told us to summarise the textbook after giving a shit explaination. Glad he's leaving, but probally means we'll get someone worse.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
my actual teacher was very very good, but she had a baby and the substitute teacher was polar opposite in terms of teaching style and told us that we didn't need the syllabus. Needless to say that there were a lot of tears on exam day from many girls in the class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)