physiotheraphy (1 Viewer)

nealos

HSC
i was just wondering

what physiotheraphy is like at uni, what subjects do u do,and if any one knows the job prospects for it.

Also is there any other test apart from Uai required for doing it?

liverpool3k

Banned
HSC
Melbourne and Monash require UMAT for physio. So if you want to apply in Vic you need to sit it. Physio is like any health science course, there is demand and probably should be for some time yet (correct me if i'm wrong)

subjectwise, why don't you visit the uni site and look them up for yourself -> most have information on what each subject involves.

mangomousse

HSC
In a physio course you would do anatomy (lots on muscles and joints), physiology (a lot of which is a combo of yr 12 chem and biol), learn physio techniques, biomechanics of human movement, some public health (ie psychology etc) ... that was what I did in first year.

Job prospects we are told are good. Apparently it's not too difficult finding jobs straight out of uni.

As for requirements for entry... well I'm a Melbournian and didn't actually check out courses interstate, so sorry can't help you out there. Over here though, Melbourne and Monash require umat (as liverpool3k said) but La Trobe doesn't :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)