Physiotherapy + Accomodation at Albury Wodonga- What's it like? (1 Viewer)

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Hey...I'm doing the HSC dis year and I'll be applying for physio at CSU.
I kinda want to know what the campus is like and whether the course is good.
I've already looked around on the CSU website and its pretty generic (and yes, like other unis...it sounds a bit too good to be true...^^).
Can anyone give me a detailed description or some photos?
How's the weather there? Any good transport? Is the food alright? How are the students like?
I'm a 'city' kid who's moving out...^^ Can't wait to get my first taste of independence!
If there's anything negative, just tell me...so I'm prepared.
Thanks! ^^

~Fire Jade~

HSC
ooohh...and do we need to bring our own laptops? Anything on internet connection? Just give me any info would be great!

lachlan43

Yes, you need your own computer. And a Cat 5 cable to connect to the internet. You can call the IT Service Desk to get help connect (if you call on a Friday night or Saturday morning, you'll get me, congratulations!) but our support when it comes to a staff member actually coming out to assist you with connecting isn't great in Thurgoona as we're based in Wagga Wagga and Bathurst. We do have one person in Thurgoona though. It's not hard though, and most people who have been there before will be able to help you.

Thurgoona is all self-catered, you'll be cooking for yourself. There are cottages of 8 people - if there are any pictures of cottages in the Pictures of CSU thread, they'll be the same as what you get in Thurgoona. Two bathrooms, one kitchen.

Not sure whether there is a CSU bus in Albury like there is in Wagga Wagga and Bathurst, but I assume town buses would run through Thurgoona into town.

I only know one person from Thurgoona, and she was a friend of mine at school, so I can tell you that there's at least one awesome person at Thurgoona.

(Pictures of CSU thread is at the very bottom of the thread list page)

Last edited by a moderator:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I disagree with tech support from Albury. When I did ITC182, the lecturer was from Albury and she was really good.

That said, it's pretty easy to hook up your internets. There is a step by step pdf you can download, I can post it if you like.

Cottages are nice, if theyre the same as Wagga. Fairly standard, common living room, your own room with a bed, built ins and a desk. Kitchens are ok, a stove, microwave (no oven but the microwaves have convection functions).

Campus is nice. Weather is good in summer, can get fairly cold in winter. Good amenities because Albury/Wodonga is a pretty big inland metro city.

You need your own laptop, as stated, but the library facilities at all CSU campus's are pretty sweet.

lachlan43

katie tully said:
I disagree with tech support from Albury. When I did ITC182, the lecturer was from Albury and she was really good.
Official IT support is all I can vouch for.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
newkid said:
Official IT support is all I can vouch for.
Yeh.

Regardless though, it's really easy to hook up to the internet. I found wireless at Wagga was a pain in the a hole though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)