Physiotherapy vs Radiography (1 Viewer)

Riaa

HSC
Hey guys, I would love to hear your opinions about these two courses.

Being female, I have been advise to stay clear of physio due to my 'lack of strength'
What are the prospects of getting a job? How's the pay and flexibility? And of course anything else in general :)

onytae

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi Riaa,

I would suggest physiotherapy because it has much better job prospects than radiography. Physio demand is on the rise in recent years, the pay is around 50k for graduates and can increase up to 120k. But establishing your own practice is probably the best option. Physio also allows better opportunities in the future. For example, i wanna do physiotherapy and then afterwards do chiropractic. Also in radiography you are exposed to a lot of damaging radiation.

me-mfhs

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, I have a friend who's doing physiotherapy and she's tiny :p! Also, my other friend who is female, just graduated in physio so I don't think it matters whether you're a male or female. I also know from another friend that the uni finds you a job in your first year out of uni (I think you got to apply for it or something though depending on your marks?? Or maybe it's an internship o.o! No idea hahaha!).

In contrast, I have another friend who did radiography also at usyd; I'm pretty sure that you would be advised to wear protective gear etc to minimise your risk of exposure to radiation (otherwise the uni would have probably been sued >____>)! Regardless, you can always transfer degrees if you end up hating it.

Anyways, you can find out about the pay by googling "NSW Health Jobs", then type in "Physiotherapy" or "Radiography" in the NSW Health Jobs search option and look for the "Level 1/2" positions (i.e. new grad positions). It's probably $54k, like any other new grad allied health professionals :). Alternatively, here's the website LOL http://nswhealth.erecruit.com.au/

Riaa

HSC
Thank you so much for your replies :p
I actually saw these posts after mainround offers. LOL

In the end decided on Radiography :) Let's hope it sticks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)