Piano music appreciation :D (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Who here likes listening to piano music :D. If so, what artist?

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Wilhelm Kempff is amazing.

[youtube]O6txOvK-mAk[/youtube]

planino

HSC

His tempest sonata rendition is also amazing.

+ I also like Yundi Li, Evgeny Kissin, Nikolai Lugansky (most, not all) etc.

ZeeZee3

HSC
[youtube]rzUAkfjDxG0[/youtube]

Im about to do my AmusA exam and this is one of the pieces Im supposed to play. Ashkenazy is so inspiring!

planino

HSC
^ Why, thank you :)

For anyone who isn't interested in listening to the whole 22 mins, please listen from 4:10 to 4:36 (preferably from 3:27 to 5:00 for the buildup + "diedown") . You can really feel the sadness within that excerpt (either that, or you may visualise a drunk guy on a starry night)

planino

HSC
nerdasdasd, why not upload some of your own recommendations?

I really love how the Berceuse seemingly increases exponentially in difficulty, but still manages to maintain a mellowness to it. One of the happinest pieces I've ever heard! (also amazing how the composer of this piece also composed one of the most grim-sounding pieces, the "Funeral March" movement of his second sonata).

Good luck with the piece, you must be have amazing skills to be able to tackle this massive gorilla (very cute gorilla though) :O . I love Ashkenazy's renditions, but I prefer Lisitsa's one for this piece (she plays too fast with several other pieces though). Idk, for me, the melody in his performance seems to be rather restrained but it's not bad since we can really hear some of hidden ornamentation within the piece

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad

I really love how the Berceuse seemingly increases exponentially in difficulty, but still manages to maintain a mellowness to it. One of the happinest pieces I've ever heard! (also amazing how the composer of this piece also composed one of the most grim-sounding pieces, the "Funeral March" movement of his second sonata).

Good luck with the piece, you must be have amazing skills to be able to tackle this massive gorilla (very cute gorilla though) :O . I love Ashkenazy's renditions, but I prefer Lisitsa's one for this piece (she plays too fast with several other pieces though). Idk, for me, the melody in his performance seems to be rather restrained but it's not bad since we can really hear some of hidden ornamentation within the piece
Ahh, I will upload some soon :), though, I don't have any knowledge in theory.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJDx4tGyI5U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wxrB41PMhw
I listen to more contemporary pieces :D

Verify

HSC

This is an OST for an anime I love, it's an ensemble with piano included.

Might be a bit irrelevant with a lot of classical pieces being linked, but whatever :D

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad

This is an OST for an anime I love, it's an ensemble with piano included.

Might be a bit irrelevant with a lot of classical pieces being linked, but whatever :D
Nice pick :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)