Piano Players (1 Viewer)

sarahxx

zapmaa
HSC
hey im doing performance does anyone have a good piece to play that (if played correctly) will get the attention from markers im at a grade 5 level so something catchy and different (not too classical as im already doing a classical piece)
thanks guys

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Metal Merchant ^_^;; - thats about grd 2 or 3 lol, but examiners love that piece, if you pull it of well, the accents in the left hand can be quite hard to get.. (forget what book its in now... Something Keyboard Microstyles? *shrugs* )

freakcore

HSC
Kerin Bailey stuff often gets a good reaction from examiners and its fun to play. Kind of jazzy with some interesting rhythms(depending on the piece).
But i don't know what kind of levels that they average around.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Dpends on what book you buy. Each book usually has music of all grades in it, as opposed to a book full of music for a certain grade.

Jazzin Around 5 has a good song in it called "Morning Song". Kinda elevator music-ish but very nice to listen to - 6th Grade AMEB

Abraxus

HSC
i did music last year and got a band 5, i remember i did 3 classical pieces and one modern. the examiners dont mind what you pick as long as they fit into the corresponding topics that you choose. i did Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata which was my strongest piece and that was for 'instrument and its repertoire', and for '21st century music' i did a piece called Tennessee, its from Pearl Harbor. doesn't have to be too technical, the examiners dont primarily focus on technicality. i remember lost marks in my half yearly for lack of dynamics and not generating the "feel" of the song, or so they put it. best thing to do is pick a piece you enjoy playing that you know you'll do well in.

bolst

yeh i agree with abraxus, play something that you really love and you will do well with it- so that you walk into the exam knowing that you're completely comfortable with your performance. ooo 'willy waggle sticks' is really good if you can pull it off its heaps of fun(some of the rhythms are a bit tricky to start with)...dammit theres another really good jazz piece that gets alot of attention...soon as i remember what its called ill let ya know

HSC
I love Willy Wagglesticks Walkabout, so much fun ^_^

There's another piece by the same guy that I did for yr 5 or 6 called Feelin' Good. It's not as fun or attention grabbing as Willy, but IMO its a little easier.

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
hey abraxus.. i noticed that u do b music at uws?? how are things there? like are there lots of people doing it there? how many? good facilities??? tell me abt da place...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
here's a nice haydn piece, i'm doing it but i''m 6th grade :/

Abraxus

HSC
moon_styla said:
hey abraxus.. i noticed that u do b music at uws?? how are things there? like are there lots of people doing it there? how many? good facilities??? tell me abt da place...
so far its all pretty much theory based, they make us do everything in 1st year and we choose our majors in 2nd or 3rd year, cant remember which. theres around 150 - 200 ppl in my course, facilities are ok, not as great as the con but its better than what you'd find in high school. theres 5 practice rooms and a few ensemble rooms, a performance space where we have all our concerts, recording studio, percussion room, MIDI lab, and the rest are soundproof classrooms. its not all performing, were doin a shitload of reading and reports atm, its nothing like the high school music courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)