Piano question for AMusA guys (1 Viewer)

evilelmo_2005

HSC
I'm just wondering how long did it take for AMusA guys to learn their AMusA piece fluently? and how many hours did u guys practise to be able to play AMusA pieces fluently?:guitar:

Xuboy

HSC
I'm just wondering how long did it take for AMusA guys to learn their AMusA piece fluently? and how many hours did u guys practise to be able to play AMusA pieces fluently?:guitar:
What pieces are you doing?
I got distinction in Amus and Lmus - and it does take a fair bit of time to get it all under control and in the memory - remember if you're around my age - 16 - i was about 13 when i did my amus i think? - its all about impressing ur adjudicators :)
EDIT: to answer your question - i spent about 4-5 hours on average but it pays off! :D

Last edited:

what!

HSC
i did my Amus last year. i probably spent around 1-1.5 hrs a day. sometimes more sometimes less. not every day of the week tho.

im not one of the best examples to follow...

but i still passed :)

RBKSoulja

HSC
i took me about 5 or 6 months to memorise the scores, and after that, spent another 6 on expressive techniques stuff. i practised about 3-4 hours a day and received a distinction. lol one and half hours if only enough to go through my pieces once, which seriously isnt enough ;)

and it would be seriously good if you could do the whole book of Hanon exercises, they improved the clarity of my playing SIGNIFICANTLY ^^

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
lol i was meant to do about 1.5hrs a day, but did i? honestly, no. i honestly only did about an hour a week, before my lessons, maybe a term before the exam. then i started doing maybe 3hours a week, and in the final 3 weeks before exam, it was 2hours a day, and in the last week, 3-4hrs a day. not advisable. but i passed, so :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)