Piano (1 Viewer)

HSC
moon_styla said:
i practise as much as i need to :D but at the moment, i have RSI so im not practising.. just seeing physio and hand doctor.. did u guys listen or go to the sydney international piano comp??
I saw some of it on sbs and on the radio etc. Do you know anyone that was in it?
Bummer about RSI, I knew a bass player who got it.

Last edited:

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
untying_average said:
I saw some of it on sbs and on the radio etc. Do you know anyone that was in it?
Bummer about RSI, I knew a bass player who got it.
yeh i was in it!!! thats where i got RSI - during the round 3 performance :(
now i cant even audition for the con n stuff.. ah well..
did u happen to hear my performance? ;) hehehe try working out my name from my nickname... my surname's in my nickname..

also.. wasnt it on abc? i didnt know they had any of it on sbs :S

HSC
moon_styla said:
yeh i was in it!!! thats where i got RSI - during the round 3 performance :(
now i cant even audition for the con n stuff.. ah well..
did u happen to hear my performance? ;) hehehe try working out my name from my nickname... my surname's in my nickname..

also.. wasnt it on abc? i didnt know they had any of it on sbs :S

THats SO awesome. Hhaha now i feel really bad talking to about piano you must be some piano god.
Yeah i read in the paper about someone who pulled out becuase of RSI that must have been you. I might have been watching abc not sbs.
Ok yeah i jsut went to the site and i know who you are now :D WOw i always thought you were a girl. I can't remember hearing any of your performances, what did you play?
edit: Oh wait here it has a list of what you played. Good stuff

Last edited:

Kean

HSC
I have been playing piano for 6 years and have only done up to third grade AMEB i stopped after that so I only play for my own fun. I do music at school and im in yr 11.

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
untying_average said:
THats SO awesome. Hhaha now i feel really bad talking to about piano you must be some piano god.
Yeah i read in the paper about someone who pulled out becuase of RSI that must have been you. I might have been watching abc not sbs.
Ok yeah i jsut went to the site and i know who you are now :D WOw i always thought you were a girl. I can't remember hearing any of your performances, what did you play?
edit: Oh wait here it has a list of what you played. Good stuff
crap.. dnt look at my photo though.. (probably too late anyway) argh a very bad pic!! :angry:

haha u thought i was a girl?? :D

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
lol my bio! nar ive sorta grown out of it lol i never really liked jazz THAT much.. i just had to find something to put in my bio about 'other interests'

hmmmmm is everyone applying to study piano at syd con???

Josephine

HSC
moon_styla: oh my goodness, that's who you are! I never knew that you posted on here... even though I don't really post on here myself... and you're probably wondering who the heck this person is... well, I used to play in eisteddfods against you, if that jogs your memory a bit...? Anyway, you were great in SIPCA :) and I agree - the Rach 3 is the best.

I've been playing for about 11 years now... lots of classical stuff, lately I've been playing contemporary christian stuff for church though - it's so nice to be free to do whatever you want around the chords, instead of trying to get every single note right.

Jo

Logix

moon_styla....r u james? if u r, i remember seeing u in eistedfodds and stuff :)
and josephine.....is ur aunt a piano teacher? :p

answer back to confirm my suspicions :)

Last edited:

Logix

ahhh, i remember u.
ur that full mad little (maybe not so small now) girl who used to beat every1 in estedfodds. farout, u went in like 18+ sections and won....haha. u kept taking my 1st places :(

anyways, do u still play? and if u do, wat grade? must b F. mus by now, seriously! if ur not, i'll b disappointed

P.S. I used to verse u all the time even tho u were 2 young for my section, and out of all the times i versed u, i remember beating u once or twice only ;) that was a great achievement!

Last edited:

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
moon_styla said:
at the moment, i have RSI so im not practising
our piano player for one of the musicals i was in the orchestra for had RSI. she had to have a warm pack with her. too bad, it always happens to the good people. u shouldn't stop, if i got RSI i would keep going! good luck anyway...

but i have been playing piano for about 7 years and am up to 5th grade. i sound really slack compared to u guys! piano is a great instrument!

BTW has anyone noticed that alot of the peices in the 5th grade pianoforte ameb series 15 book that there are alot of 20th century modern peices in there? they are good though. i am playing the Etude (2nd one) the Allegro Burlesco the Valse Poeticos and some really trippy song from Bela Bartok's Mikrokosmos with chords (not in the book)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i am so intimidated by you pianists. must i compete with talents like you in the hsc??? (Doing music 2 & ext for hsc, with a grade 4 completed years and years ago) Only for the core I guess. Elected other things. I did "Red Blues" by Carl Vine. Amazing. How many of you are going to the conservatorium for uni is what I'd like to know. I love that place. I wanna go there!!!

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
Logix said:
moon_styla....r u james? if u r, i remember seeing u in eistedfodds and stuff :)
yeep im james :S who r u?

Last edited:

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
Josephine said:
moon_styla: oh my goodness, that's who you are! I never knew that you posted on here... even though I don't really post on here myself... and you're probably wondering who the heck this person is... well, I used to play in eisteddfods against you, if that jogs your memory a bit...? Anyway, you were great in SIPCA :) and I agree - the Rach 3 is the best.

I've been playing for about 11 years now... lots of classical stuff, lately I've been playing contemporary christian stuff for church though - it's so nice to be free to do whatever you want around the chords, instead of trying to get every single note right.

Jo
is ur surname ong?? coz then i know u haha

Eddie2004

HSC
Recommedations!!!!!

Hi everyone! Wow, I'm kinda sad - I've gone through year 12 - and never knew this spiffy website even existeded. Anywho, I've been playing about 10/11 years. For my HSC I played :

sections from Beethoven's Sonata Pathetique - 1st mov.
Percy Grainger's "Colonial Song"
Sections from "Rhapsody in Blue" by George Gershwin
Rachmaninoff's Prelude in Gminor

Gosh, I picked some doozies - took a LOT of practice - and still weren't quite as good as I would have liked.

Well, if ayone ever reads this - BEFORE doing their HSC I'd recomend picking something a little less well known. Eg - I was going to play Clare De Lune, but My class went to a thing at this other school - and I heard a couple playing that piece. So picked the Percy grainger piece instead. (plus, it seems more patriotic to picl something from one of Australias earliest, and well known composers1)

Good luck to everyone in the future! :uhhuh:

Josephine

HSC
Logix: Are you reomi? Random guessing here :) I heard you were doing hsc this year...

moon_styla: yep, you know me. Damn. It might help that I actually have my name as my username... hmm.

Eddie2004: Hehe, I joined these forums awhile ago, but I hardly ever posted... well I'm doing music accelerated so I'll still be hanging around here next year for all my other subjects. Your performance program sounds good, never heard of the Percy Grainger one though. It's good to do something that's not so well known though :)

Logix

yeh im doin hsc this year....

my pieces were pretty easy, half of them arent even graded, but somehow i got nominated to encore.....cant really b bothered auditioning tho coz i gotta borrow everythign off every1. I dont have a videocamera not a grand piano nor anthing else that is associated with good pianists :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)