Piano (1 Viewer)

Disease

Retro Rocket
HSC
I've been playing piano since year 2. Which is.. I couldn't be bothered working out how many years now. I'm intending to play Ben Folds Five's Army for one of my HSC performances. I'm only in yr11 at the moment though..

magicspell

HSC
yay! a piano forum! soz im slow.. only just discovered!
i've been playing pno since abt 4 yrs old.. so um.. for about 13 yrs now.. hehe. i luv it tho!

HSC
untying_average said:
wow everyone has been playing for 10 years here except me...
I've been playing for 8 years and im in year 11. Im working on bach's italian concerto at the moment, as well as a Liszt piece from the years of pilgrimage. I am pretty into jazz piano though :D I'm probably way below everyone else here but oh well.
GO PIANO!!
HA haa! I love the Italian C. Have you heard Richter playing it?

jojoguo

i been playing about 10 yrs going on A mus soon... doing all performance 4 hsc

playing:

rachmaninoff-prelude op 23 no 5
chopin prelude-op 28 no 17
beethoven-piano-violin sonata "spring" no 5
debussy-claire de lune
vine-bagatelle no 2
grieg-wedding day at troldhaugen

XD ^.^

jojoguo

Silver Persian said:
I started playing when I was 7 so thats...10 years, and I'm currently learning my AMUS pieces, but Im doing the exam next year. Im doing

Beethoven Sonata in C Minor (I think ._.) and theres a no 10 there somewhere
Berceuse - Chopin
Passipied - Debussy
Courante and Gigue - Handel

I'm also learning The Girl with the Flaxen Hair(Debussy) and Gymnopedie(Satie) by myself. But I really want to learn clair de lune...i love it so much ;_;

hehe the sonata is pathetique ;) op 10 no 8? i think ist that number

jojoguo

Phanatical said:
I'm working on the Fantasie-Impromptu and the Revolutionary Study at the moment. I've been working on the Ab Ballade, but I had to return the music because I let it go overdue, so that's on hold for a while.

crap me dead u can play revolutionary etude by chopin?!?! thats bloody hard well done lol

danilion_22

HSC
Prelim performance

My performance is next week on monday and i am in sort of a delema. my guatarist is injured and he can't play. so all i have is myself on piano and singing with the drummer. arghhhhhhhh

wizard146

HSC
timyates_87 said:
sorry, you'll never beat the Trumpeters Unite thread... 2nd most popular thread. wow what an acheivement. heheh
Think we've managed to beat you now! Heheh!

huh~~

HSC
N/A
Hi there! Newbie here *waves*

I started piano when I was 5, did Amus but failed. So now I'm just going to concentrate on my HSC pieces:

Wet Night on the Highway by Miriam Hyde
Seven Fleeting Glimpses by Graham Hair
....the 3rd one, I'm still thinking about it......

huh~~

HSC
N/A
Not sure. It depends. I'll definitely try for those AMEB diplomas again, but might skip Amus and go for Lmus instead.

Somehow my piano teacher doesn't like AMEB examiners one bit....

Browsa

HSC
In my HSC last year I played 'Hello' by Evanescence and stuffed up only once but it was all good otherwise...I'm still a fairly Moderate player on the keyboard since I don't have a piano. I like playing other people's music and dispise composing my own lol so yeah w00t to all the piano players in Bored of Studies :D

ohyay

but you can call me bob
HSC
I play piano, did my AMus last year and CMus before that, started when I was 4 and a bit, so I've been playing for 13 nearly 14 years. I'm so lazy with piano though, its like I cram before my exams because I hardly practise otherwise.... Good old slacking. I'm doing LMus right now but I don't think I'll go for it soon because of the whole year 12 being a bitch thing, but yeah, there's no way I'm making a career out of piano anyway, I'm not good enough. My pieces right now are:
Schumann - Sonata in G minor
Chopin - Nocturne op.27 no.2
Ravel - Jeux D'eau
Brumby - Scherzo, for HSC music (Australian, last 25 years piece thing)
and some Bach Fantasia and Fugue I never play because I get bored with baroque. So there you go, professional procrastination, avoiding doing my extension 1 english assessment thing due tomorrow! the end

HSC
I just finished by exams...so the new pieces I want to learn are:

Ballade in G minor (Chopin) - favourite piano piece ever. Hope I can play it.
Clair de Lune (Debussy)
The Sunken Cathedral (Debussy)
Rondo alla Turca (Mozart)
Goldberg Variations: Aria (Bach)
Fantasia for Four Hands (Schubert)

Yay. It will be fun to have pieces that I picked by myself instead of looking through the obscure choices they have on AMEB grade lists.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I'd say most of those choices are a bit easy, especially for AMusA level. My suggestion is to work on those, but also to work on something a lot harder. That way, you continue to develop your technical skills - something which is essential for good piano.

MikiRei

HSC
Lol - pianist thread.

Hmmm - been playing since I was three. Got my Amus in yr 9 and then my Lmus in yr 11.

Did HSC music 2 and extension performance. Pieces back then.....I hell can't remember. That was in 2004.

I remember the favourite piece in my program was Matthew Hindson's "Moments of Plastic Jubilation" (which my SCHOOl teacher HATED - I got into a lot of trouble with my headmistress for refusing to take on the music they recommend. Well, come on. Who will you listen to? School teachers who never really taught you properly or the piano teacher you've learnt from since you're 12 and had given you nothing but A+ and A's in exams? Not to mention he was an AMEB examiner and teacher at the Con - and I aced music in the end - so take THAT school)

Anywayz, haven't been playing as often now that I'm in uni. Slightly regretting that I didn't choose music. I'm teaching three students right now and am going through some Brahms and Liszt pieces....and some game music (lol - I'm a gamer - so wierd - my resume and my uni major just DON'T match - typical interview scenes:

Interviewer: So, you're doing music now right?
Me: errr.....no, I'm doing Software Engineering...

LOL I say...:rofl: )

lala2

Banned
HSC
I'm doing my A.Mus.A. now, first year uni. My HSC pieces last year were:

Nocturne in E major, Op. 62, No. 2 by Chopin
Backstage Rag by Kats-Chernin
Aufschwung by Schumann

My A.Mus.A. pieces are:

Prelude and Fugue in E major, No. 9, Book 2, The Well-Tempered Clavier by Bach
Sonata in E minor, Hob. XVI/34 by Haydn
Nocturne in B flat minor, Op. 9, No. 1 by Chopin
Arch Fantasia No. 4 by Sitsky

The pieces are so long....I'll be playing for an hour in the exam at this rate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)