picking out examples for english for a topic sentence (1 Viewer)

kractus

HSC
Is there a method you follow to pick out quotes to support your topic sentence? Cause I find it a lot easier to write if I follow a 'guide' to how I write

e.g. for each topic sentence:
  • one quote proving the cause of your topic sentence
  • one quote proving the effect of your topic sentence
  • another quote proving the effect of your topic sentence
  • final quote revealing how author compels audiences to challenge some part of their own world

If not, how would you pick out examples for each BP?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Is there a method you follow to pick out quotes to support your topic sentence? Cause I find it a lot easier to write if I follow a 'guide' to how I write

e.g. for each topic sentence:
  • one quote proving the cause of your topic sentence
  • one quote proving the effect of your topic sentence
  • another quote proving the effect of your topic sentence
  • final quote revealing how author compels audiences to challenge some part of their own world

If not, how would you pick out examples for each BP?
apart from mod a (cos there's diff structures you can write mod a essays in), for all your essays just aim to have 3 per paragraph so it's enough evidence but also enough time/space to support it with good analysis. and apart from that the 'progressive' structure you've used should be good, it's logical and supports your idea cohesively. i did a similar structure apart from the final quote thing cos that's not needed and overall how audiences respond should be encompassing ur whole idea in the topic sentence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)