• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Picking up and dropping (1 Viewer)

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by ~V~
Is it a bad idea to do 10 units in Year 12?

Because I wanted to do
-Eng Ext 2
-History Extension
-Drama
-Studies of Religion I

I thought that was a fairly balanced timetable, but others seem to think that you need something to fall back on- as in 11 or 12 units. I disagreed, saying that if you were putting in the effort it might as well count, but i wasn't so sure.
Any advice??
If you work hard at it, i dont see why it is a problem

leoyh

mic`
HSC
currently i do 3u maths, 3u english, eco, legal and chemistry. i intend on picking up 4u maths and doing 13 units for like 2 weeks, if thats allowed. and then ill most likely drop to 12, and that'll be dropping 3u english. depends on my teacher and the material.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I plan on dropping my 1u Philosophy (don't get a say in the matter anyway) and picking up English Extension 2. That way I have 12 units going into Year 12. I COULD possibly drop Ancient, but I'm not planning to right now. We'll just see how it goes.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
hey guys i need some help.

okay so atm my plan for HSC is to do 13 units and try it out for term 4 and see how it goes and if it bombs out then drop something. atm its 4u maths, 3u english, chemistry, economics and legal studies. but the other day hte school notified me that i cant do 13. no real reason, they're just tight arses.

so im thinking atm, what should i drop? i dont wanna do 11 or 10 units so im gonna stay on 12 unless i really have to drop down to 11. so should i throw ext 2 maths or ext 1 english?

for the 2 3u maths tests so far, i tied 4th in the grade and then like 7th in the grade for the second one. and ext 1 english, me and this other guy topped the first assessment and half yearly and overall i have been doing well in the subject too.

the problem is i know with 4u its stacks hard and im scared ill fail and i know i will. eng ext will be hard too and i know i wont do that great in it because atm i hate my teacher and hte content sometimes so yeah. i dont particularly enjoy it.

i'm really stuck =/. HELP!!! if only the bloody school woud let me do 13 for term 4 so i could at least try it.

thanks for your time guys.

HSC
if you aren't confident of doing 4u then don't do it. its that simple. you will end up dropping back.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
but then i wanna give it a shit at least and i got recommended for it. im more capable than a lot of others who are doing it. which is why im stuck

patty4848

HSC
Next Year i'll be doing
4u English
3u Maths
3u Modern History
Legal Studies

=12 units

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
Im planning to pick up history extension.
*fingers crossed that there will be enough people to make up a class!

McLovin

HSC
I plan on dropping Engineering Studies and taking up History Ext.
I hope it is what I expect though.

YcantIstudy

HSC
picking up electrotechnology

was finking of dropping ancient and replacing with enginerring study but told i couldnt?

fozzster22

HSC
I want to drop either engineering or IPT, I still haven't decided yet..

mazza!

HSC
dropping construction and 2unit SOR !!! picking up ext 2 eng

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
have i replied to this thread? I do not know, but I can't be fucked checking. So um I'm dropping Philosophy because I have no choice in the matter, and picking up EE2. That's 12 units.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Dropping Computing Applications and Picking up MX2 and History Extension.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)