Piercings and Tattoos (1 Viewer)

Piercings and Tats

• I have piercings (state how many/where)

Votes: 515 54.1%
  • I have tattoos (what/where)

Votes: 32 3.4%
  • I have piercings and tattoos

Votes: 69 7.2%
  • I have neither.

Votes: 336 35.3%

• Total voters

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Lisa 2510
that theory sounds more likely than the spit in stomach one. We always have spit in our stomachs so why would adding the flavour of gum make it have a laxative effect?
It's not a theory, it's a hypothesis (as I haven't carried out any experiments to confirm or deny :p)

We don't always have that volume of saliva in our stomachs. Yes, we are constantly swallowing saliva, but this is a much lower quantity than that generated by mastecation. It's not the flavour that matters but the fact that your body believes it must produce more saliva in order to break up the food it thinks you are chewing.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by kkorpz
it only creates a laxitive effect cos when u chew gum, ur stomach thinks ur eating thus resulting in the laxitive effect..
i know it's right that when you chew gum your body thinks you're eating. i wouldn't think a laxative effect would be caused by excess saliva or whatever, i think it has more to do with the ingredients within gum. it may seem like you're only swallowing flavour, but you are swallowing whatever else is in it as well.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
No, that's a seperate negative effect. :)

Hmm, back on topic. If I were to get a tattoo it would have to be quircky, witty, geeky or all of the above. Maybe I'd get some cool mathematical problem or something, one of the ones that are unsolveable? :D

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Okay, how about we get back on to topic now?
Did you not see this post or are we in NS without my realisation? Piercings and tats people!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Hmm, back on topic. If I were to get a tattoo it would have to be quircky, witty, geeky or all of the above. Maybe I'd get some cool mathematical problem or something, one of the ones that are unsolveable? :D
wouldn't that drive you crazy. if you had nothing to do you would try and solve it

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Did you not see this post or are we in NS without my realisation? Piercings and tats people!!
Did you not see my post directly above yours? :p
Originally posted by iambored
wouldn't that drive you crazy. if you had nothing to do you would try and solve it
Nah, I'd use it to drive others crazy. Seriously though, as soon as I posted that I thought "damn, I'm such a dork". Tattooing unsolveable maths problems on myself indeed!

kkorpz

Casual Wanderer
HSC
Seriously though, as soon as I posted that I thought "damn, I'm such a dork". Tattooing unsolveable maths problems on myself indeed!
I would have said it.. but since u called urself a dork on ur own accord, I dont have to.

rumour

HSC
one in each ear, also a nose ring...........................................yes not very Rebellious or anything!!!! just da normal places where evry1 has 1.................. i want 1 on my tougue though.....................

Last edited:

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
Yeah i would love to get one on my tongue. But i couldn't go through with the pain - and the swollen-ness.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Why the tongue though? I am told (though it's probably a lie) that the only "benefit" of a tongue piercing is in fellatio.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Why the tongue though? I am told (though it's probably a lie) that the only "benefit" of a tongue piercing is in fellatio.
so that's why my friend got it... :p
yeah i can't imagine getting my tongue pierced o_O such a thick layer....
my friend said after a meal she can still taste the food on her tongue stud (or whatever you call it). and she speaks with a very slight lisp now.

rumour

HSC
i think a tongue ring looks like fun, my fwend got her's done,n she had a thin metal stick coming out of it with a ball on top, she was "doing tricks" with it, so now a want one!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
yeah i can't imagine getting my tongue pierced o_O such a thick layer....
my friend said after a meal she can still taste the food on her tongue stud (or whatever you call it). and she speaks with a very slight lisp now.
There's three reasons not to do it, right there!

1 The tounge is one big, thick, astoundingly importand muscle. Driving a metal pike through it with a fat ball on the end impedes the use of the tongue to move food around, not to mention...

2 A stud changes the airflow dynamic and limits the tongue's movement, preventing the studee from executing all phonemes (and hence disabling complete speech capability). Not being able to speak properly isn't as worrying, however, as...

3 The Hygeine Issues. Usually after eating the mouth continues to generate saliva that washes away food particles from your teeth, gums, tongue and throat. With a stud, however, particle (and hence bacterial) buildup occurs on the surface of the tongue with much greater ease. You must understand that the fibres of the tongue stand up like "a shagpile carpet" (Kruzelnicki, 2003) protecting the taste buds but also trapping food particles (like dust in the fibres of a rug). If saliva is impeded by something (like a tongue stud) it can't get into the crevasses and wash out that food gunk, letting bacteria grow wild. This leads to a) infection and b) halitosis.

Basically, tongue studs make it harder to eat, makes you sound stupid and gives you bad breath. Very attractive!

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
Yeah, i had a big public speaking background back in highschool, i'd hate to forfeit my perfect speech for a little metal stud which i can get else where ;)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by rumour
i think a tongue ring looks like fun, my fwend got her's done,n she had a thin metal stick coming out of it with a ball on top, she was "doing tricks" with it, so now a want one!
what if she asks u to jump off a bridge bcos she thoguht it was kool

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
That's a pathetic argument and always has been. It only seems logical to children because they can't think outside possibilities given to them.

That aside, how the hell do you do tricks with a ball on a stick that's been driven through your tongue? I can't think of any.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)