Pikers! (1 Viewer)

Ribbon

Where were all you guys who said they would meet today? Did you all decide we didn't look friendly enough and piked out?

who did acutally go to orientation today? What did you think of the welcome lecture? I thought it was pretty boring myself, but the guy from the SA seemed pretty cool... did anyone hang around for the coffee and bar crawls? I was going to go but would have had to amuse myself for 5 or 6 hours after the lecture so I gave up and went home...

Did anyone else get the woroni magazine? there is heaps of stuff in there that isn't listed in the o-week brouchure, like all the drinking stuff and whatnot... I never realised until I read it there is a pissup somewhere everynight of o-week... on friday night there is even a drinking competition in the uni bar (there is also pool and kareoke if that floats your boat)....

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
MAKE SURE YOU GO TO FANTASY ISLAND ON FRIDAY $40 AND UNLIMITED ALCOHOL AND SUBWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how funny is that article about uni that anu wouldnt let them send out to us in the woroni mag... lol

Ribbon

lol yeah I had a good laugh at that... I also had a bit of a giggle at the article about what to and not to do on market day... you get the feeling the christian groups are a but on the missionary side... and not altogether too popular!

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
hmm im not a piker! i was just tied up with all the bruce hall activites, they seriously dont let u do much outside of their little activities! but yeh i love bruce neway

Ribbon

Yeah well I figured that much happened to bolonski as well... I noticed huge big groups of what I assumed to be colledge people walking around, having the time of thier life...

At least I have one friend.

Ribbon

I'm expecting all you colledgians to be at the uni bar friday night at least...

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
PFFFTTT sif we are pikers... oh and imsooverskool, have you like not introduced yourself to me, and recognised me and stuff cause i havent the foggiest who you are here at bruce... but oh... me sitting here all alone in the computer room at 1am in the morning... great party animal i am...

yeah sorry ribbon... me and anna (blah says she) are really feeling bad that we missed out.. we actually had a compulsory sexual harrassment talk on that morning which went from 9-11.. so dont think we were off having fun and forgot about you...

hows the uni meeting your guys expectations... id rant on a little about some various things but I shallnt dampen the mood for you..

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
hmm i dont know matt, we could have met at the pacs! or on ne other various ocassion wen i was pissed! have u been going out with evry1 or r u one of the first year pikers? wat wing r u in?

Last edited:

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
im in middle north room 33.

first year pikers.. my my your getting your lingo down.

Ribbon

With the thing that was supposed to be at the uni bar on friday night (drinking, pool, kareoke comps ect.) I read in another program that is actually on saturday.... is anyone else getting confiused with the 3 or 4 different 'programs' getting around that say there is different stuff at the same time and the same place or that the particular event is in different places/on different times?

Maybe I will ask the staff at the uni bar which night exactly the drinking comp is on... either way, I would expect the uni bar to be packed both nights considering its o-week and all...

As for meeting expectations... the uni itself (like the staff, lecturers, physical environment ect.) is exactly what I expected... market day far exceeded my expectation in the terms of how much stuff was there and how much free stuff I got... and the other students... generally are not as friendly as I would have expected (excpeting the bos members I have met, of course)

Ribbon

that is the spammiest 'i am posting to get my post count up' post i have ever seen :rolleyes:

kenny75

HSC
The college had a lot more activities than i originally thought, i didnt end up going to a lot of the ANU o-week events

btw, what clubs and societies did you guys joined?

Ribbon

Economics and Commerce students society
Law society
the 'GO' club that had all the discounts and stuff
The debating club (matt knows I'm a debater from way back ;) )

Some club that is like young achievers where you go in a huge big competition and start a business (like, real life, working business) and then after the comp it gets given to charity or needy people or whatever to run. I can't remember what its called and I can't find the brouchure I got but I am really keen on the idea and yeah... if anyone can remember what it was, i'd be grateful... they were on the same tyable and the marketing society...

I think thats all of them...

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
oh and christina... I found that photo and I think it could be you!!!

Ill need some confirmation one day.. how freaky is that.

p.s. sif I want my post count to go up!!! ;)

Ribbon

cool... I have already been spun out enough about how small the world is regarding my housemate and her friends! Seeing as though you are on campus I will have to go check out the photo one day...

do you have acess to a scanner there? maybe you could scan it in and send it to me (c.barbary@softhome.net)

2003HSC

sorry i couldnt make it on monday but i was a little busy. I sent everyone emails though, but I dont know if you got them. I'm still up for meeting up. Ribbon, i think i need you to explain the commerce/law timetable to me one day. Do you know if we have to enrol for commerce tutes?

Ribbon

2003 HSC what lectures are you going to on monday? I will be at 1203 lecture group 3 (12 - 1) with a two hour break before if you want to meet up and I can show you my timetable...

I was going to do that for betty... but she never came and found me at the students barbeque... were you there?

also look at the anu/forum post 'Q about timetable' I posted a bit of a method there that strawberry seemd to think was helpful...

2003HSC

how can you go to laws 1203 on monday? you have to attend all three stat 1008 lectures on monday, tuesday and wednesday.
Have you enrolled in your law subjects yet? its weird becuase the tutes you enrol in on the factulty website dont even show up on the time table builder.

This is nuts, I'm going to see how the chaos plays out on monday. Are you free tommorow? Try calling me on 0405 836 662 or 6267 4492 if you want to work something out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)