Pimples Help (1 Viewer)

dora_18

HSC
scarybunny said:
I'm a picker, it's a bad habit.
If you're going to pick them, make sure to do it with clean hands and disinfect the area afterwards, and apply vitamin E cream to promote skin rejuvination so you minimize scarring:D

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
dora_18 said:
If you're going to pick them, make sure to do it with clean hands and disinfect the area afterwards, and apply vitamin E cream to promote skin rejuvination so you minimize scarring:D
Yeah, I wash my hands and all that. I just can't stand a big pimple eye staring at me. Mocking me.
But since I'm trying not to touch them, I'll leave the eyes alone and see how i go.

dora_18

HSC
I used to be the same..
id wake up every morning and pick my face
*shudder*
but now i haven't had a pimple in over 6months, not a single one
life is awesome

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
I'd stay off the Roaccutane if I was you. Only really extreme cases. I still have a few of the side effects, mostly swollen joints and dry skin, especially the lips.

Worked well though, I wont take take that away from it.

Optophobia

HSC
I actually have scaring on my temples from pimples. I never had bad pimples, but the few that i did have on my temples seemed to be really aggressive and have left dry/bumpy/dimply skin where the pimples used to be.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
runtlocks said:
I'd stay off the Roaccutane if I was you. Only really extreme cases. I still have a few of the side effects, mostly swollen joints and dry skin, especially the lips.

Worked well though, I wont take take that away from it.
I saw someone who was taking it....and it was scary....the person would laugh and cry at the same time....really intensively....

dora_18

HSC
that doesn't necessarily happen to everyone, my friend was on it and she was fine apart from dry skin

side effects vary a LOT, i didn't have anything bad appart from dry skin and lips either...other people go crazy from it...

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Yeah, it is really up and down.

Let's not forget that story of that Aussie girl who took it, about 16 years of age, found hanged in her closet by a belt. Her mum came out with a statement accusing Roaccutane of driving her to depression.

dora_18

HSC
yeah...my friend from IGS, his best mate jumped off a building in the city one day, with a nice suicidal letter left on his bedside table..it was awlful. They came to a conclusion that roaccutane attributed to his depression and yeah....this was last year: not a happy time!

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
I've also noticed a considerable slip in my concentration level and ability to think and learn. Might be just overbloated superstition, but I blame the meds! :(

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Whilst I'm sure chocolate in itself doesn't cause pimples, bad diet and junk food makes your entire body unhealthy, including your skin.

Try eating home-cooked meals made from scratch. I read this book called "Healthy Living" by Michio Kushi and it helped me to see that the decline in health in the recent Western world is due in large part to processed foods.

If weight loss is not a factor (i.e. you are at your ideal weight), try making the "junk food" that you crave at home from whole ingredients.

Your skin will use all the nutrients in the food you eat to regenerate.

Also, try drinking fresh juice. I drink carrot juice every morning (i used to hate the taste but i'm getting used too it.)

I also think it's important to match the severity of acne with the level of medication taken. Try not to self-diagnose, go to the doctor and ask.

If you only have very mild acne or pimples then an over the counter medication may be adequate. If it is more severe, recognise this and treat it right away without wasting money on ineffective solutions and putting excess chemicals in your body.

I am of the opinion that if you treat the acne, and then use only natural, fragrance free products on your skin, your skin will stay healthy.

I went on Diane 35 ED for three months and my skin cleared up completely. Now i use mild cleanser (Angels on Bare Skin from Lush) and Cetaphil moisturiser.

...Wow, that was really long.

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
You should cleanse your skin with a salicyclic acid wash to remove dirt and oil from your skin and moisturise with an oil free (non comedogenic) lotion to moisturise skin without clogging the pores. Acne is not necessarily caused by eating junk food, but a good diet will help to heal existing pimples and keep your skin healthy.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
marchetta said:
You should cleanse your skin with a salicyclic acid wash to remove dirt and oil from your skin and moisturise with an oil free (non comedogenic) lotion to moisturise skin without clogging the pores. Acne is not necessarily caused by eating junk food, but a good diet will help to heal existing pimples and keep your skin healthy.
salicylic acid is quite harsh. it works by making ur skin renew and peel off faster so the new skin gets xxxposed sooner but in the long run it does not really help....
at least with me it didn't really help
maybe at the beginning, a bit
but later.....
it's just painful

dora_18

HSC
AlleyCat said:
Try eating home-cooked meals made from scratch. I read this book called "Healthy Living" by Michio Kushi and it helped me to see that the decline in health in the recent Western world is due in large part to processed foods.
*paging 20yr old news* *paging 20yr old news*
you seriously only realised this now?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
If you're over 16 stop masturbating. If you're under 16 it's natural if your skin sucks it sucks.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
dora_18 said:
*paging 20yr old news* *paging 20yr old news*
you seriously only realised this now?
Well silly me, I had no idea that everyone for 20 years has read this relatively obscure book.

My bad, I guess.

I'll just prostate myself in front of you now, to show my deep and unrelenting humiliation and regret.

Now please burp that phlegm out of your dirty cunt and stop fellating that high horse.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
If you're over 16 stop masturbating. If you're under 16 it's natural if your skin sucks it sucks.
is that a joke?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Well, sorta. When you masturbate your body produces hormones and when you produce hormones you're more likely to develop pimples over any dirt/blemishs on your face. (Basically, rubbing that crap in your face could theoretically cause more pimples. ) Especially 'oils' never rub oils into your skin.

I would suggest a change in your diet with more 'oily food', perhaps 'cow brains' (this isn't a joke) it has the right type of lipids which would reactivate the sebaceous glands (especially those in your face).

Eat a small serving of cow brain perhaps with eggs for breakfast (for about a week) and that should get the skin as smooth as a baby butt. Also, you could try Isotrex (However, I wouldn't recommend it during stressfull periods).

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/01/16/brain.sandwich.ap/index.html (Make sure you don't eat a cow with prions causing mad-cows disease)

http://www.getpharma.com/productdetail.asp?productid=33922&mainlink=pharmacy
(It should completely get rid of those annoying pimples bad for stressfull periods)

Last edited:

dora_18

HSC
AlleyCat said:
Well silly me, I had no idea that everyone for 20 years has read this relatively obscure book
not book..the pure FACT
western society is full of processed food including diets high in refined carbohydrates, low in protein and high in saturated fat. Doesn't do the body any good..its ironic really-the paradox of society: we spend so much money on health care and health reasearch especially into things like cancer, yet more people are dying of it than 50yrs ago....doesn't help facial complexion either, doesnt CAUSE it, but doesn't do any good either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)